Another TCC Question

Dale G

Hi

Looking for some input with the attached data log. Once the trans goes into 4th a couple seconds later my tcc box gets checked on the power logger that its engaged, but I don't see the rpm drop after the initial drop once it goes into 4th. Was the tcc activated with the shift into 4th so 4th and the lock blend in together ? Car has a tt chip with a pro torque 2800 stall converter. TCC was changed out 10 years ago runs and drives fine. Thoughts

Attachments

• tccLogFile.dat
    466.6 KB · Views: 11
You weren't in the throttle much. I found a spot in the log where the TCC was engaged, and you added throttle, with no flare in the RPMs, so it's locked.

I think you're fine. The Pro-Torque converters are efficient. If you're not in it, they tighten up immediately. If the TCC engages when the converter is only at 1% slip or less, there's not going to be much RPM drop.

Just get up to about 60 or so on flat ground. Hit the brake pedal just enough to light up the lights and you should be able to make the clutch engage and disengage and feel/hear the RPMs go up and down.

Just get up to about 60 or so on flat ground. Hit the brake pedal just enough to light up the lights and you should be able to make the clutch engage and disengage and feel/hear the RPMs go up and down.
Thanks for the tip