another torque convertor ?

shmed

ok. fellas. im runing a vigilante multi disc 9.5 convertor , but I hate the noise , so after reading about slippage efficiency etc. who's got the best convertor ?
thank you.
ps. lock up or non lock? pros cons.
thanks again

Contact Dave Husek from turbobuickperformance and let him help you pick the right converter for your combo.
516-285-1103

Bite the bullet and get Dusty to spec a 9.5 PTC convertor for you. Either that...or look for a 9/11 LU convertor in the Parts for Sale section. Huseks LU convertor can't be locked at WOT...and I've typically seen it slipping around 13 percent...which is to high. The 9/11 can be locked at WOT and has a very low slip rate.

I have a HUSEK 3021 in my transam and my brother runs a HUSEK 3021 in his ttype. I also run a PTC non lock up in my ttype so im not biassed. My brothers original long block recently went a 11.1 @121mph with a horrible 1.67 60ft time. Could have went a 10.80 if the brakes werent failing and it coulda held boost at the line. IMO you cant go wrong with the 3021. IF you want lock up go with the Husek 3021. Sure didnt feel inefficient to me.

Bite the bullet and get Dusty to spec a 9.5 PTC convertor for you. Either that...or look for a 9/11 LU convertor in the Parts for Sale section. Huseks LU convertor can't be locked at WOT...and I've typically seen it slipping around 13 percent...which is to high. The 9/11 can be locked at WOT and has a very low slip rate.
Interesting,a few cars that I have seen are under 10% trapping at low low 10s 130+.

lock up or non lock? pros cons.
You have 3 options.
Dave can modify your converter.
You can buy one of his lockup converters.
You can buy a PTC non lockup converter.
If you don't want a non lockup converter,you have the other 2 options.
I could say that the converter you have now might be good for your current power level,but I don't believe it is good for any power level in a low rpm v6 compared to Dave's or the PTC.
If Dave modifies your Vigilante,it will be an improvement over what you currently have.

Dave's converter multiplies torque through most of a quarter mile run and slips more than the PTC, but locks up.
The PTC stops multiplying torque as soon as it couples,and slips less,but won't lock up.
Dave's converter seems to work better down to the high 9 second range.
As the car gets faster than that,the PTC can shine,but won't lock up.

PTC-race
Dave's=street

If you want a converter message me. I rec the 9.5” PTC and it’s about 2 weeks lead. Every car I’ve put one in went quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who's got the best convertor ?
pretty subjective believe it or not. there are many companies that build a good converter,it really depends on what your trying to do with it,i have driven most of them and have my favorites based on performance and behavior.some slip more some less depends on distances you plan on running.overall effectiveness will be based on the converter matched to the combo.