thoughts on torque convertor , what to do or use

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
ok just got my short block back from shop . new stroker motor. foged crank , i beams , diamond pistons 30 over, full ported heads , full roller motor ( hydraulic) 67/65 bb turbo , going front mount . and all 4 billet caps and rjc girdled . sooo trying to figure what to do with torque convertor . i currently have one of bruces 9/11 single disc lock ups i bought from him like 6 years ago . worked great with the pt61 and 24 lbs of boost . but wondering how it would hold pushing this combo . i liked the drivability of that convertor , also running a maf gen 2 so with lock up and lean cruise mode it was best of both worlds but now that desire for more has me here :) . this is a every day driver , i have taken it on fairly long trips etc . soo i want the drivability for everyday use , but want it to run as fast as possible also , is this possible ?? suggestions ? ooo did i mention a nitrous kit also LOL !! serious what do i do for torque convertor ??

i think it was supposed to be like a 3200 stall , its been a while , i have been told from a few people that i would drive threw it on top end and i should go to a 9 inch non lock .i have seen a lot of talk on here about dusty . should i call him and get some advice ??

Yes sir. Dusty Bradford is as good as there is on torque converters for these Buicks. I am planning to buy a converter from him soon. You might want to try that converter first before you send it off. It might be just about right.

the ptc 9.5 non locker in my car cruises within 50 rpm of the lockup i took out for the bigger turbo.

dusty's 9.5 n/l feels almost like a luckup imo you cant go wrong because it will handle the power when you need it

thanks guys for the input , i got to talk with dusty yesterday about it . he was very helpful and great information . seems like a good guy and i see nothing but good things about him on the site . sounds like if im only losing 50 or 100 rpm at cruise then it sounds like the best bet with the 91/2 non lock . guess ill be selling a 911 l/u :)