Another wheel tire fitment question

TJH88

I'm looking at TSW Valencia 17 x 8 20mm offset front and back (only showing the 17 x 8 or I'd go with 17 x 9 on the rear) with BFGoodrich 245/45R17 on the front and 275/40R17 on the rear. I've got Ridetech coilovers on the way for the front and back. I want all the meat without rolling the fenders or notching the frame. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need some spacers but haven't a clue where to even look. I'm liking the looks of member Jerod (post 652 on the wheel and tire picture thread) only I'd rather have the 17's as the 18's. First, will this combo fit without rubbing issues? Second, any idea on spacers to make it work. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at TSW Valencia 17 x 8 20mm offset front and back (only showing the 17 x 8 or I'd go with 17 x 9 on the rear) with BFGoodrich 245/45R17 on the front and 275/40R17 on the rear. I've got Ridetech coilovers on the way for the front and back. I want all the meat without rolling the fenders or notching the frame. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need some spacers but haven't a clue where to even look. I'm liking the looks of member Jerod (post 652 on the wheel and tire picture thread) only I'd rather have the 17's as the 18's. First, will this combo fit without rubbing issues? Second, any idea on spacers to make it work. Thanks in advance.

First off, those tire and wheel sizes will fit with no rubbing with stock brakes.

To verify I checked TSW's website and they list those wheels at a +20mm offset which equals 5.3 in. backspacing.

On the front, with 245/45-17's you would want a 1.25 in. spacer/ adapter to give you around 4in. backspacing for a more flush look.
If lowering the car 2 in. or more use a 1 in. spacer (4.25 in. backspacing) to give you more clearance at the fender lip.
You could go up to 4 3/8 in. backspacing (7/8 in. spacer), but with a 245 tire I feel it would look really sucked in.

On the rear, with 275/40-17's you would want the same 1.25 in. spacer/ adapter for around 4 in. backspacing to keep a more flush look without getting into the fender lip.

I'm basing this off my setup of stock brakes at stock ride height (maybe 1 in. lower with saggy springs).

Front: 17x8.5 (4 5/8 backspace) w/ 255/40-17's

Rear: 17x9 (4 1/2 backspace) w/ 285/40-17's

Thanks for the info. I've got to find the spacers/adapters for the 4.120 - 4.120.65. I haven't done much searching yet. I bought an 86 in 87 and had it for a few years until my first marriage got in the way. A lot has changed since then. I'm sure happy to be back in the Grand National family.

Thanks for the info. I've got to find the spacers/adapters for the 4.120 - 4.120.65. I haven't done much searching yet. I bought an 86 in 87 and had it for a few years until my first marriage got in the way. A lot has changed since then. I'm sure happy to be back in the Grand National family.

In the '80's I ran 16x8.5 in. '85 Corvette wheels that have a 5.5 in. backspacing. I used some 1.5 in. adapters that bolted the hubs, then the wheels bolted to the adapters.
I suspect longer studs will be needed with spacers as I'm not sure adapters that narrow are made. The stock wheel studs would stick through all but maybe the 1.25 in spacer.

It seems the 1.5 in. adapter was close, but it's been awhile.

I found the 245-45 kind of tall,
went to a 255-35 and liked it better. 'just my 2 cents

BFGoodrich doesn't do the 255/35 so I dropped to a 245/40. I didn't realize how close the front and back height was. Thanks for the suggestion. I've got the wheels and tires ordered now looking into the spacers. Thanks for the help.

NOTE: If you plan on lowering your car 2 inch's or so then you DO NOT want a front tire taller than 20" tall or it Will rub Especially if you plan on installing aftermarket brakes in the future....

NOTE: If you plan on lowering your car 2 inch's or so then you DO NOT want a front tire taller than 20" tall or it Will rub Especially if you plan on installing aftermarket brakes in the future....
Well, I'm going to be way tall if this is the case. I ended up with 18x8 front and 18x9.5 rear with 245/40-18 and 275/40-18. I had the 1.25" spacers shipping before I had to go from 17 wheels to 18. I'll probably have to re-order the rear spacers in something around 2". I'm looking at lowering it but will keep whatever height I need to make it work. I can also return the wheels and tires if it comes to that. Thanks for the info. I'm going to PM you is just a minute on the coilovers you sold me. I have a quick questions.