You can type here any text you want

Antenna hole size...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I just found out that the size of the hole for the antenna in the right front fender is different between fixed & electric antennas (1" vs. 3/4"). The electric antenna hole is smaller (3/4") with a small squared notch angled towards the front of the car and the fixed has a larger round hole.
I bought two good used fenders to have some GNX vents installed in them but the right side has the big hole which is too large…
My question is this: Is there a way to make the hole smaller to allow reinstalling the electric antenna?
Thanks,
Claude.

The hole may be bigger (tee-fucking-hee) but doesn't the bezel piece from an electric antenna set up screw not into the fender itself but into a part of the electric antenna assembly, thereby negating the size of the hole? I think pics would help in this case.

If it came down to it, I personally would either have the hole welded up and painted and find a windshield type antenna....that is if I even listened to the AM/FM radio anymore. Another cost prohibitive approach would be to fab up extra material, sand, paint, etc. But in that case, might as well buy a whole new quarter panel.

Back