Antenna question

eagleguy

What is the best and easiest way to replace the power antenna on an 86 T Type. Is there a particular brand or type replacement which works best and fits/works as OEM?

I’ve done it by loosening the rear portion of the fender and the wheel house. You can then get your hand in there to loosen the 10mm (I believe) bolt that retains it to the inner fender. Did the mast just break on yours? If so you can repair it yourself. I believe they still sell the mast kit...

If you want to retain the power antenna, I would recommend replacing the unit. New OEM is very pricey. You can always repair one with a good motor and broken mast. Save yourself some money and do it yourself. I probably have one with a good motor and broken mast if you want to go that route.

The other option is going with a fixed mast set up. Not sure if you cover your car in the garage but its a pain with the fixed mast unit.

If you want to retain the power antenna, I would recommend replacing the unit. New OEM is very pricey. You can always repair one with a good motor and broken mast. Save yourself some money and do it yourself. I probably have one with a good motor and broken mast if you want to go that route.

The other option is going with a fixed mast set up. Not sure if you cover your car in the garage but its a pain with the fixed mast unit.
Yup I cover mine in the garage and I am NOT used to this antenna issue as I have my dead antenna left in the up position. I will try to pull mine out and see what I need. Thanks for the offer.

Eagleguy, a little rare for motor to be dead.is the relay good? Are the ANT power wires plugged in near blower under hood? Black plug, white,green and black wires