You can type here any text you want

Any '07-'09 CTS-V owners on board here?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Any 2007-2009 CTS-V owners on board here?
1)I hear that the Navigation unit is pretty much worthless?
2)If the CTS-V owners over on Cadillac Owners.com forum cheat on their mileage claims as bad as we do on here, I could be in trouble if I buy one.
3) I've heard that the moon roof leaks on the pre 2007 model, does it on the 2007-2009?
Any comments, good, bad, or indifferent?

Any 2007-2009 CTS-V owners on board here?
1)I hear that the Navigation unit is pretty much worthless?
2)If the CTS-V owners over on Cadillac Owners.com forum cheat on their mileage claims as bad as we do on here, I could be in trouble if I buy one.
3) I've heard that the moon roof leaks on the pre 2007 model, does it on the 2007-2009?
Any comments, good, bad, or indifferent?

I will be eating supper with my Uncle tonight (family reunion) and he just bought an 09.

Think it has like 550 hp and trq:biggrin:

I will report back later tonight.:wink:

Ok, thanks, Ty, looking forward to how he likes it. Auto or manual, what color, Recaro seat option, moonroof?

I almost bought an 07 in the fall of 07. Instead I bought an 06 gto. It weighs about the same as a gto and only comes in 6spd manual. So, I assume gas milage will be about the same. I have a 5 mile commute in downtown fort lauderdale = many stoplights. I average 12-14 mpg in the city, but since my commute is short, a tank lasts me 3 weeks. So, mileage is not a concern for me. On the highway at 75-80 I get 23-25 average with no mods. Exhaust, intake and other cheap mods may get you another mpg or two.

I almost bought an 07 in the fall of 07. Instead I bought an 06 gto. It weighs about the same as a gto and only comes in 6spd manual. So, I assume gas milage will be about the same. I have a 5 mile commute in downtown fort lauderdale = many stoplights. I average 12-14 mpg in the city, but since my commute is short, a tank lasts me 3 weeks. So, mileage is not a concern for me. On the highway at 75-80 I get 23-25 average with no mods. Exhaust, intake and other cheap mods may get you another mpg or two.

Sorry Gary, I was wrong. It has the 305 horse engine auto. 3.6L I think he said. He loves the car but wished he woulda had the big motor.

It was Silver, Grey Leather, Chrome Wheels, still ran damn good:biggrin:

I am actually kicking around a '09-'10 with an auto, so I have already been warned about the mileage. Only options that I am not too sure about is Navigation @ $2150 or so, & moon roof at $900 or so.

I think thats a solid move. That's beautiful imo. Best of all worlds. I would entertain selling my car some day to have one of those. I like those that much. I wonder if they make DR's for 19 inch rims?

My wife's $175 TomTom has way more features than the $2200 GM NAV in my Suburban. Pisses me off.

I would probabably be in the market for a used CTS-V if they had an automatic. No manual for a daily for me anymore.

I would probabably be in the market for a used CTS-V if they had an automatic. No manual for a daily for me anymore.
Pronto:
Please refer to my post # 6 up above. They come with either a manual, which I hear is a 6 speed Tremec, or they come with a 6 speed auto, which loses about 40 RWHP & RWTQ but I keep repeatedly hearing that the auto is more aggressively geared and quicker at the lights and at the track. Unfortunately, the manual has a gas guzzler tax of only $ 1300, while the auto is $ 2600.
I looked at an auto yesterday, but it was black & didn't have the Recaro's or the suede wrapped steering wheel & gear shift knob..

Pronto:
Please refer to my post # 6 up above. They come with either a manual, which I hear is a 6 speed Tremec, or they come with a 6 speed auto, which loses about 40 RWHP & RWTQ but I keep repeatedly hearing that the auto is more aggressively geared and quicker at the lights and at the track. Unfortunately, the manual has a gas guzzler tax of only $ 1300, while the auto is $ 2600.
I looked at an auto yesterday, but it was black & didn't have the Recaro's or the suede wrapped steering wheel & gear shift knob..
I've never seen an used automatic, don't know about new. Even searches on Autotrader used cars at over 100 hits and nary a one....:confused:

Auto only on 2009 V's, a friend has one, she loves it.

Back