Any 1911 Fans here?

Man that is pretty awsome carrying a luger, always liked the way they felt in my hand.

Glad to see there are this many 1911 fans here. I hope yau'll checked out 1911Talk.
That Luger is pretty cool.

Ya like old german guns? Whatcha got on this?

mauserk98ksniper.jpg
[/IMG]

"The singlestack 1911 has been SUCCESSFULLY utilized by our armed forces, for 75 straight years in a row. Every gi i have ever talked to in my lifetime, NEVER, EVER wished they had our M9 beretta in place of an issue .45 automatic. never. world war two soldiers used the 1911 with great sucess in that conflict. Going to catch yourself in a worse situation soon? :) Like old cars... "if it aint broke, dont fix it"
Ya familiar with the phrase 'over engineered' ? A lot of things on this planet are. And wind up being soo uneccessarily complicated, that theyre just as undesireable to use as the components they were intended to replace :) Like we say in the army..and im sure 'chance' from here, will know what im talkin about, when i say 'kiss' keep it simple stupid. Its the only way."

A Men.....John Browning to me, is the most inovative gun designer of all time. I own a Mark IV Combat Comander, wouldn't have it any other way. My grandfather used the .45 in three campaigns in the South Pacific during the second world war. Accuracy was a problem back then, many of the .45s issued were wore out. His words..."You could immediately tell when a person was hit by a .45 round, big hole." I cannot tell you why the government stopped using the Colt .45 and I don't think it had to do with quality or performance. More a fact of politics and the problems Colt was going through in the 80s. I will however never forgive them for stopping civilian sales....Ummm BTW my son's name is....Of all things COLT.

yea. the accuracy had to do with 2 things im guessing. not only was the quality control was kinda outta control when there were housewives, punching these rounds out by the tens of thousands a day, but the handguns themselves were also probably pretty beat up too. My plain old service grade 1991 colt i bought when i was a kid, shot dead nuts accurate, with the cheapest fodder on the shelf. I still love em too. too bad this gun here, is soo overpriced...:( Its colts WWl repro. If it were affordable, id buy 3 or so.. Simplicity at its finest. Sturdy, robust, durable, hard hitting, and no nonsense. When one of these are pulled out, you know its time for business. It's like the thompson, or the AK47. Theyre not made for 'plinking', hunting, long range competitions, self defense, or 'fun shooting' Theyre made for one reason, and one reason only. For the elimination of people that dont think like you do. Period. When you see one of the aforementioned guns, you know what time it is.

leftsm.jpg
[/IMG]

i agree

i carry the pro tactical II truly an awesome firearm, and these are my other handguns, ( from left to right ) my wife's tauraus pt-111, walter p-99 , the baby desert 40 cal , my bushmaster AR-15 and my remmington 700 pdm 308
not pictured is my old trusty glock-19 great firearm :)

Attachments

• Picture 4312.jpg
    Picture 4312.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Picture 4313.jpg
    Picture 4313.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 4283.jpg
    Picture 4283.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 107
sorry about the tiny pic :biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 4282.jpg
    Picture 4282.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 111
on that kimber..and on most other custom 1911's.. what i never got was..theres 3 main controls on the gun. the slide release, the safety, and the magazine release. why is the easiest control to manipulate (the safety) the control always enlarged from the factory. who thought of that? even the stock little versions are fine as they are RIGHT UNDER your thumb. I mean even a 5 year old can, with little to no effort, and in no time flat, flick the safety off of any 1911 with ease. why isnt the control, that is ALWAYS the FARTHEST from your fingers (the slide release) the control thats extended from the factory? Know anyone that can reach the slide release, but not the safety??? I'm lost....
I always leave the controls alone, but drop in an extended slide release, so thats its a really fluid mag change. On my other 1991, i had a wilsons extended mag release, and beveled mag well as well. I could change mags soo fast it was crazy. I loved that gun. This gun is going to get em too i think.
And that 700. What ammo do ya shoot thru there, and what glass ya got on top? I used federal premium thru mine (as it was, at the time, some of the only decent .300 win mag ammo around) and a huge burris on top.

on that kimber..and on most other custom 1911's.. what i never got was..theres 3 main controls on the gun. the slide release, the safety, and the magazine release. why is the easiest control to manipulate (the safety) the control always enlarged from the factory. who thought of that? even the stock little versions are fine as they are RIGHT UNDER your thumb. I mean even a 5 year old can, with little to no effort, and in no time flat, flick the safety off of any 1911 with ease. why isnt the control, that is ALWAYS the FARTHEST from your fingers (the slide release) the control thats extended from the factory? Know anyone that can reach the slide release, but not the safety??? I'm lost....
I always leave the controls alone, but drop in an extended slide release, so thats its a really fluid mag change. On my other 1991, i had a wilsons extended mag release, and beveled mag well as well. I could change mags soo fast it was crazy. I loved that gun. This gun is going to get em too i think.
And that 700. What ammo do ya shoot thru there, and what glass ya got on top? I used federal premium thru mine (as it was, at the time, some of the only decent .300 win mag ammo around) and a huge burris on top.
----------------------------------
The slide release is not designed for one hand operation, but 2, therefore, it doesn't need to be as big as the thumb safety, which is designed for 1 hand operation. Most and / or all of your oversize controls were designed after the fact by the combat shooters from the late '50's-early '60's.