Any Buick days at GIR(Madison, IL)???

Is the meeting for sure at 1:00 tomorrow? I am planning on going so I can meet some of you guys.

How did the track go last night?

Ken

the track kinda sucked last night. WAY to many people. lots of pissed off people. i got there around 1am and they said they had 110 cars racing over their limit. so they wouldnt let me race. they said later if it slows down. by the time they would let me run it was 4 in the morning it was still packed. they were going to charge me an extra 10 bucks for probably 1 run. so i didnt even bother.
I saw a silver t-type there that looked sweet. but i didnt see him run. there was one gn i saw run and he spanked a camaro. as i was leaving i took the dump off my car for the first time. and who happens to be in front of me on 55, the gn. so i get up next to him and romp on it. wow was it loud. i wasnt tryin to be an asshole i was just havin fun.

Originally posted by not-rdy
Is the meeting for sure at 1:00 tomorrow? I am planning on going so I can meet some of you guys.

How did the track go last night?

Ken

i called mike he said its at 1:30 on sunday. there is parking if you drive past g&m there is a small park on the same side less than a block up. cya

i can meet you at 40 and clarkson at the mobil around 1pm tommorow if thats on your way. let me know

That would be great. I will see you at Clarkson and 40 Mobil station at 1:00.

Thanks,
Ken

Well boys i finally got the tranny in today!!!! Took it out and she ran GREAT!!!! With some good tuning and in race trim i should run 10.80s to 10.90s @ 125mph to 128mph. But i know it won't do that right off the bat when i take it out there. So i just need to tune,tune tune. Now with the 3600 stall i have i should cut some 1.5 to 1.6 60ft times compare to the stock converter i was running i couldn't build no boost off the line. I was cutting 2.2 to 2.3 60ft times which is BAD!!!

Rob

Originally posted by not-rdy
That would be great. I will see you at Clarkson and 40 Mobil station at 1:00.

Thanks,
Ken

just found out they tore down that mobil. take a left(east) on clarkson/olive exit. 1/2 mile up is an amoco on right. sorry

Hey guys, I will be at the track tonight. Come on out if you'd like. I am in a rush right now to get things ready. Hopefully will see some of you out there. I will be in my silver T.

Later,

Been gone for a while. New daughter arrived on July 1. Things have sort of calmed down. Maybe I can drive the car for more than diaper and formula runs. Wanted to go to the meeting but couldn't swing it. How was it? It sounds like everyone is getting their s#!t together at the track. Is anyone still trying to get together for a cruise or track night. It sounds like a few of you have been to the track. Won't be long and I will be able to go again. Just wanted to catch up!

Cmokem:

I am in O'Fallon also. I'm off of Feise road. Can't be more than a couple of miles from you. Would love to see the car. Maybe we could hook up out here sometime. Anyone else from out here is more than welcome. I am home all night everynight.

Rob,I haven't been over there in years what kind of program do they have on Wendesday?Is it still test and tune with a gamblers race ?How big of a crowd do they have?

Hey daviss, Where do you live on Feise Road? My brother in law lives on Feise just West of Bryan Road. He's a big gear head also. If you live near him, I am surprised that I have never seen your car before.

Originally posted by Brad T
Rob,I haven't been over there in years what kind of program do they have on Wendesday?Is it still test and tune with a gamblers race ?How big of a crowd do they have?
Brad, The way they have it set up now is street tires are on tuesday that would be anything that is DOT approved and Wednesday are for slicks. The last time i went out there to watch on a wednesday it wasn't that packed because they split the street tires on tuesday. I perfer to go on tuesday But all i have are slicks now that is out of the question for me. The reason why is there are more HIGHTECH cars out there and a bigger crowd.
Tuesday and Wednesday are Test&Tune. Plus on Fridays they have a trophy class out there where anyone can run from what i understand.

Hey Rob,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond back. Been a little busy and tired. My brother won't be in until Monday. I have to give him a call and ask what size they are. I totally forgot. I will let you know asap.

If any of you guys want to try and make it to the track next week, let us know on here. I tried to go Tues. but they cancelled all the races this week for the truck race. Kinda of a bummer for me but oh well.

Later,

Brn agn,

I'm just east of Bryan Road in Feise Forest. Feise road is my test track. If I turn off of Bryan road east on Feise, it's a little over a quarter of a mile of straight concrete. I can get about halfway through third gear before I have to slow down for the turn into my subdivision( return road).

Let me know next time your out this way. What's your brother got? Not a mustang I hope.

I'll have to let you know the next time I am in the area. My brother-in-law used to be into Mustangs...but then he saw the light :). He is currently working on a 1970 Nova that is in the middle of a restification...it is a SS, 396, 4 speed car. His daily driver is a CLEAN 1971 Chevrolet Cheyenne SWB. It is copper and white. He recently swapped a 502 into it. It is a fun little truck.