You can type here any text you want

Any Coil Over Kits for the GN or GBody?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my1stgn

I was watching tv this weekend and saw they were putting on some coil overs on a G-Body Vehicle on MuscleCar. Does anyone here know if anyone makes a coil over kit for our GN's? Anyone have one installed? Pros' and Con's? Want to lower the car about 1-2" eventually and stiffen up the suspension. Any thoughts? Thanks!

does anyone make an air bag kit for these cars?..... figure Id check all my options...

Does anyone have the air ride tech system installed? Wondering if its worth it and if it also comes with a compressor to adjust height while driving.

Does anyone have the air ride tech system installed? Wondering if its worth it and if it also comes with a compressor to adjust height while driving.

To adjust your ride height while driving you are going to need a compressor, tank and controller. All of that gets expensive and not worth it to me. You'd be better off with the coil-overs unless you have to have adjustability at the throw of a switch.

sounds like you're goin for a G-Machine set up or road racing type suspension, please post up what you find. I was longing for that set up too (10 years ago) and i ended up with eibach lowering springs, Konis adjustable shocks,Hotckis, upper & lower control arms, front & rear swaybars, and Baer brakes it made the car handle like a sports car and it felt like you are driving a 90s Vette. Great for streets and twisties but not for drags even though my best was 10.60 in the 1/4.

Also check the website of Hotchkis suspension as they might have a reasonable and complete lowering system for the GNs by now. It might be too complicated for air bags as u have to deal with compressor, electrical work, bag deterioration and leak issues.

To adjust your ride height while driving you are going to need a compressor, tank and controller. All of that gets expensive and not worth it to me. You'd be better off with the coil-overs unless you have to have adjustability at the throw of a switch.

I dont think it would be too complicated. Some of the vehicle's I work on have an airmatic suspension system where they run an electric air pump to keep the vehicle level. Of course its more complicated and has plenty of control modules and sensors, but I could probly get the same electric compressor we use for our cars and make it work somehow. Just using it to lower and raise the vehicle (not while driving) but when needed.

The same compnay in the link I listed earlier has all of that equipment. I think at the minimum it'll be $3,000 for the entire system which isn't too bad sonsidering what you get.

Back