Any e85 guys in the charlotte nc area

brent lovett

Making the switch to e85 and just wondering if there is anyone in the charlotte area who has some experience. Want to be sure I get it right the first time. The few people that I know around here are all too busy and say they can't get to me until spring.
Brent

Your about 2 hrs from Richard Clark's shop in Burlington , give Clint a call .

I talked to them and they can't get to me until March. Was hoping to get it all done before then but looking like I may have to wait

Switching to E85 isn't that big a deal , but first we need some info . What are your " goals " as in ET , racing , fast street car . What mods does your car have already ? Stock fuel lines will take you pretty far . Do you work on your car yourself ? If so like I said before , it's not bad at all .

Twin 340lph in tank pumps and I think he has braided fuel lines. Made 700 on dyno previously. Race buckets, no rear seat, cage, fiberglass dash, real light. Fast XFI2.0 and currently 95# inj but going bigger for E85. Believe he is wanting to add flex fuel sensor and be able to run 93 or E85.

Twin 340lph in tank pumps and I think he has braided fuel lines. Made 700 on dyno previously. Race buckets, no rear seat, cage, fiberglass dash, real light. Fast XFI2.0 and currently 95# inj but going bigger for E85. Believe he is wanting to add flex fuel sensor and be able to run 93 or E85.
Wow , I didn't expect that !! Bigger injectors & a new tune ...... done ! Worry about the flex fuel sensor in March , and even that is no big deal . Here's a link for flex fuel & XFI . http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/fast-xfi-flex-fuel-sensor.411418/
I made 706 hp on E85 with the same pumps , 120 lb injectors @ 82.5 % duty cycle .

Sorry just got some time to post. Here are my mods...sure I am leaving something out

250 cu in stroker
Diamond Pistons
Forged crank
Presicion 67/68 JB turbo
Champion aluminum heads heavily ported
Champion race intake setup with 70mm plenum
62MM TB
218/218 comp hydraulic roller
3.5" Downpipe
3.5" borla race muffler
Twin Walboro 340's
95lb precison injectors
Tons of weight savings...car is 3000 or less. Will get precise weight after my dash is completed

Made 605 hp and 728 ft/lbs on 20 lbs of boost and 93/alky on a dyno dynamics dyno. At the time the car had old style champion aluminum and champion ported stock style intake.

Brent

This makes no difference on power but the car has a stage 3 Detroit speed suspension and steering box. That definitely helped out with weight and the car handles like a dream