Any experience with Turbo Tune in NC?

V6POWER

Anyone have any motor work done by Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC? Good or bad experience?

I was up there last april.. I am somewhat of a "first Impression" kinda guy.. I dynoed my car before the "surgery" and highly reccomend the dyno side of the house.. IMO great job.. However when I looked in the shop and the condition was similar to my 8 year olds bedroom on a bad day I was somewhat discouraged.. He really did not do much for me.. I took my stuff with exceptional results to QAS in Garner.. Not to say that Mark does bad work, on the contrary he is pretty well known in the TR/Ford/and now in the ricer arena.. But the shop kinda deterred me from the work there. again first impression...

Thanks for the honest 'first impression'. I know you are pleased with QAS so it may be a better place to go.

Hey Jim. I went there when I first purchased my GN to ask about doing some work for me. Guy acted like he didn't have the time of day for me. And Aperrego is right, that placed looked like a rat's nest. Looked like he had 10 different jobs going on at one time. Didn't like his attitude or the fact that he had so much going on. When worked is performed on my car, I want the builder to put forth his full attention, not just enough to get buy. This is just how I felt about the place. Just my opinion. Let me know when you may be heading back to Piedmont.

Brad

Brad---Thanks for the feedback; seems you and Adam have the same opinion of the place. I won't be going there if I need any work done.
My powermaster went out on me the last time at Piedmont (4 March) so I am converting to vacuum brakes. Only problem is I have not been feeling well the last nine days so I haven't worked on the conversion. I will let you know when I go to Piedmont. How is your car coming along? Will you be going to Farmington on 26 June?

Jim,

Got the tranny back already, so that is ready to go. Engine is coming along, I think there were some parts on back order which is slowing it down a bit. I will be at Farmington on June 26th, with or without my car. Hopefully it will be done by then. Let me know how the conversion goes. Talk with you soon.

Brad

Glad you have the transmission...that's a start. I hope to be able to get to work on the conversion this week. I'll let you know how it goes and when I plan to go to Piedmont. Later.

I've known Mark for 6 or so years, he is very knowledgeable about TR's, however he is not big on appearance. His shop is a mess, but his main event for the past couple of years now has been his dyno. He is also tempermental, you have to be careful how you approach him or you might get a couple choice words thrown at you. Nothing personnal, just the way he is. I have never had any problems with him myself, all in all he's a good ole boy, and I have never heard of any bad experiences anybody else has had with his work.

What kind of work are you looking to get done by the way? I have done a bit of side work myself, and can assure cheap labor. I just enjoy it as a hobby.

GRAYGHOST, Was wondering if I could get a look at your WB o2 setup. You did install it right? I work in Kernersville and thought I could drop by to take a look sometime. Let me know. PM me if you can. Jim, didn't want to hijack your thread, just saw that GRAYGHOST was from K-ville.

Brad

No problem, Brad. I have the vacuum conversion completed and the brakes seem to work well. I plan to go to Piedmont this Sunday for test and tune.

GRAYGHOST---I was trying to find someone that could r&r heads if I decide to get mine done. I still have the stock hg's and can't decide if I want to break that seal to get the heads done.

I-85/40 to exit 163 (Rt. 62). Turn left off ramp and go approx. six miles and road will 'Y'...you take the right road (Brick Church Road). Go approx. four miles on BCR and Piedmont is on the left. Racing is from 1:00 to 4:00. Gates open about noon. This Sunday is Street Scene Sunday (bikes, imports, street cars fun and grudge).
You could follow me. Let me know and we can meet at the interstate (exit 154).

Jim, what time are you going out there? I may be able to meet you out there. Let me know.

Brad

Sounds good Jim. Unless I hear otherwise from you, or you hear otherwise from me, I will see at Piedmont on Sunday. Probably around 1 or so.

Brad

Brad,
I have not got my wb o-2 in yet, I have had other issues to handle, but I am going to try and have it all buttoned up by this weekend.
Where do you work in K'ville? My office is at the corner of S. Cherry and W. Mountain. Look for a red Chevy crew cab dually, or hopefully the Ghost will be sitting out there some soon.

Look Quick, if you don't have any issues with those HG's leaking I'd leave them be..The times in my sig where with untouched stock heads, and HG's with a little over 100k miles on them. Only thing I did was slap a set of 100# valve springs on them.

Grayghost,
That is right beside the funeral home, correct? Which building are you in? Drove by at around 5pm this afternoon and didn't see a red dually. Let me know when you get the WB o2 in. BTW, which WB o2 did you go with and why? What features should I look for in a WB?

Our office is located on Brookford Ind. Park Rd. which is across the street from Ciener Ford. I'm usually all over K-ville during the week. I'll keep an eye out for the dually.

Brad

GRAYGHOST---Thanks for the info on your combo and stock hg. That is a great et/mph.
I made a mistake on the directions that I posted above. The exit number is 143, not 163.

Originally posted by darb
Grayghost,
That is right beside the funeral home, correct? Which building are you in? Drove by at around 5pm this afternoon and didn't see a red dually. Let me know when you get the WB o2 in. BTW, which WB o2 did you go with and why? What features should I look for in a WB?

Our office is located on Brookford Ind. Park Rd. which is across the street from Ciener Ford. I'm usually all over K-ville during the week. I'll keep an eye out for the dually.

Brad

That's right, the building is Colonial Square, I left yesterday early for a little softball practice. I'm normally here till 5-5:30.

Have you been out to Farmington yet? If not, there are several guys in the area you should meet. Rodney over at Vestal, he's the certified mechanic of the bunch. Then there's Mike Banas who's the computer guru, he burns chips and reads direct scan files in his sleep.....I'm another Mike, don't really have a specialty, shade tree mechanic I guess, hopefully about to become a F.A.S.T. system expert... Then Clint at the track, he thinks he's an expert TR driver...althought he doesn't own one.....Tommy, works with Maurice Petty, he just ran 6.70's this past weekend. Couple other guys in High Point too. My buddy Randy, he's the comedian... Shoot me your number and I'll give you a call to let you know about gatherings at the track.