You can type here any text you want

any fast buick 1000hp should rip this guy a new one

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sorry buddy but that gt will straight up eat about anything from a roll. I love all FAST cars so I could care less what he paid cause that car is bad ass!!!

yea but care about the price rofl, its a nice car no dought. But a gn with the same about of money would blow it away i think.

But still at the end of the day he has a exotic collector car that buy the way does 210 plus and over 1gs threw the twisties and will hold its value. Doent get me wrong I have a gn but I will always give credit where credit is due.

i think Avon can hand him a little bit..

Putfile - Avons 857 159 TSO T Type

You guys crack me up, yeah in a dig race that buick will win but come on from a roll that gt would pull on him like he threw a anchor out. That FORD is awsome dont hate on it cause you cant afford it! Have you ever seen the vid on this gt?? It was a bone stock motor with twins making 1200 rwhp. Is there any bone stock buicks doing that? There is a vid of this car racing busas from a roll and beating all of them but one that had a turbo on it. So he upgraded it and is making more power. He drives that car everywhere to I dont think we will se Avon car on the interstate to often.

You guys crack me up, yeah in a dig race that buick will win but come on from a roll that gt would pull on him like he threw a anchor out.

The thing that cracks me up is where people come up with the idea that roll start is a forum of drag racing. Now sure this car is nice, I'll give the devil it's due...I own a supercharged Ford as well, but I seriously dought this car was built for twisties. Also, keep in mind they made servrial remarks about quater mile racing. So ya, I think a well built Regal would rip this guy a new one on a track...not to mention a Z06. I'm also willing to bet money his remark after loosing will be, "My car wasn't built for drag racing, It was built for drigting,...sorry I ment twisties." :biggrin:

Your killin me

It's apples to oranges, and yeah the gt is cool, but there are some other cars that I would rather own. I mean come on it's a Ford, Im a Ford truck man, not a Ford car man!:smile:

I could care less about Dyno #'s, 1200 means nothing on certain dynos. Any car that turns 157+ in the 1/4 mile would give him a run. Sure he may get a jump depnding on gear, but wlka away,doubt it. Lets see him run the 1/4 and see what he traps. If he is lucky maybe 160 if they can get down the track.
If I ever had my stage GN out while heading to the store and saw this car, i simply would say, take it to the strip. Hwy queens are nothng more than cars who take the easy way out from drag racing and really driving or the cars just arent set up to do both. Dont get me wrong, i think the car is sick, but I would never sink that kind of mney into a car, I cant drive down teh 1/4 with some respectable times

The thing that cracks me up is where people come up with the idea that roll start is a forum of drag racing. Now sure this car is nice, I'll give the devil it's due...I own a supercharged Ford as well, but I seriously dought this car was built for twisties. Also, keep in mind they made servrial remarks about quater mile racing. So ya, I think a well built Regal would rip this guy a new one on a track...not to mention a Z06. I'm also willing to bet money his remark after loosing will be, "My car wasn't built for drag racing, It was built for drigting,...sorry I ment twisties." :biggrin:

I would never say roll racing is part of drag racing I personally think its gay as hell, but this guy cant get a big enough drag radial to make it safe at the drag strip, so he doesnt race it much at the strip thats why he said its not nhra legal, no cage.. etc.. etc.. but this car has air and stock electronics to boot, and the suspension is still set up for the twisties to, but what do I know cause its a ford it cant be cool.I think it went low 10s at 150 plus already at the strip so bring that zo6 on..

I would never say roll racing is part of drag racing I personally think its gay as hell, but this guy cant get a big enough drag radial to make it safe at the drag strip, so he doesnt race it much at the strip thats why he said its not nhra legal, no cage.. etc.. etc.. but this car has air and stock electronics to boot, and the suspension is still set up for the twisties to, but what do I know cause its a ford it cant be cool.I think it went low 10s at 150 plus already at the strip so bring that zo6 on..

Oh well, this is Drag racing and not Golf :D It's his problem if he's got traction issues of safety issues. I'm not giving anyone a handicap! As for the Vette, Ranger ran a 10.8 in a stock 06' Z06 Vette. Sure elevation played a huge roll but just think what that Vette would do modded? Now me, I would pair him up against one of those 2.3T powered Pintos ;) It's cool to see a nice car get beat by a 20 year old V6 but what about a 20 year old 4banger ...with a stock bottom end :eek:

hm, the guys that built it seemed pretty cool. The interview guy was a freaking queer. That's the only person I have seen on the internet I would actually run over with my GN at high speeds, no matter how much it would damage my car.

He drives that car everywhere to I dont think we will se Avon car on the interstate to often.

I guess you should come down to Maryland and hangout at North parkway then.. Yes, Avon drives his car on the street and highways...Think again bud ;) ..

That Ford GT is for guys with small dic*s..

I guess you should come down to Maryland and hangout at North parkway then.. Yes, Avon drives his car on the street and highways...Think again bud ;) ..

That Ford GT is for guys with small dic*s..

very true, i hate fords, i give them no respect AT ALL, ford is americas RICE, i stick with GM, eventho the cars worth 100 times more than my car it wont get my respect

You guys crack me up, yeah in a dig race that buick will win but come on from a roll that gt would pull on him like he threw a anchor out. That FORD is awsome dont hate on it cause you cant afford it! Have you ever seen the vid on this gt?? It was a bone stock motor with twins making 1200 rwhp. Is there any bone stock buicks doing that? There is a vid of this car racing busas from a roll and beating all of them but one that had a turbo on it. So he upgraded it and is making more power. He drives that car everywhere to I dont think we will se Avon car on the interstate to often.

they said it was a built motor making 1200 and that the stock motor was collecting dust at the shop.

That car went 10.40 @ 137 with the stock motor when it was still supercharged with a 100 shot on Nittos. This is when it made 700rwhp. They then converted it over to twin turbo and made 1000rwhp with the long block being completely stock. Now a new motor and 1200 RWHP. This car was built by Stage 6 Performance which is owned by Jim Hucks who was a turbo Buick guy from the beginning in 86 and I was in the service with. He helped me out with my first GN back in 90. Tony Gonyon who they interviewed in the vid is a great guy and one of the best custom tuners anywhere. The GT is autocrossed often and still has all of the luxury ammenties it came with. I am not a Ford fan and I am not really into exotics but give credit where its due. The car will run well into the 9's, handles great, and is completely driveable.

OH guys lets get real here! That car is just a shiney dic for a guy with to much money! But the same could be said for the Z06. But just to say because its a ford it gets no respect is crazy. I am a HUGE Buick lover, but I have respect for any american make that is fast. I have had all kinds of cars and I liked them all! But my fastest car is not a Buick. And I have had a Buick that went 10.6 @ 128. But we all know no matter what the make "speed costs money, just how fast do you wanna go" Saying that! In a true drag race this megabuck GT would get spanked by a well equipped TR..

Back