Any gn club in IL?

wantan87

I was wondering if their was a GN/t-type club in IL. I know of the chicagoland chapter of GSCA but thats its. I am asking this for 2 reasons one is that I am probally going to be getting a 86 or 87 gn or t-type in the very near future and would like to have a group of people to talk to and hang out with and talk about these awesome machines. The second reason is that I would like to get a ride in one so I can compare to other gn and t-types. Because I'm not sure if I will find the right one in IL. So if their is anyone out their in or around the western suburbs that would be cool enough to give me a ride email me or pm.

Craig

Depends on where you live. Our group here in Lafayette, IN know and hang out with some guys from Illinois occasionally. We know Tim Roark in Paris, Sean Doggett in Ridgefarm and Sam Denns in Champaign. We have a pretty good thing going on over here in Lafayette, I'd say.

What part of Illinois are you from?

A little too far for me but I live in Downers Grove inbetween like Joliet and Schamburg. 20 miles west of Chicago

This should be interesting. I hope you find out. I used to live in Joliet and was dating a girl in Bolingbrook back in high school. I've seen a few GNs in Joliet....a flawless one in particular that is owned by -obviously- the proudest woman in town. I can still remember the exact second I saw a GN for the first time (had never even heard of them before) and decided on the spot that I would own one of them someday......the beautiful car that changed my life forever was in Bolingbrook.

I wish I could recommend a club.....what I can tell you is to ask around about the old munitions plant (shut down) just west of Joliet. It's an unused 4 lane road that is perfect for handing out some wicked smackdowns.

Good luck.

Very cool. I know of a few good spots my self in Chicago. When the car shows start this year I'll ask the owners should of asked them last year when I saw some GN at the shows. But then I liked the GN but wasent sure about getting one but know I am.

Originally posted by Tom87GN
hang out with some guys from Illinois occasionally. We know Tim Roark in Paris, Sean Doggett in Ridgefarm and Sam Dennis in Champaign. .

Whoa - you Indiana boys like slummin' it don't ya? ;)

J.K. - they're all great guys

Originally posted by zam70
Whoa - you Indiana boys like slummin' it don't ya? ;)

J.K. - they're all great guys

Ouch. :D

Hey Tom, you goin' to the nats again this year? I got a room so I don't have to crash on your floor!

Slummin' it, yup.

The Chicagoland chapter of the GSCA is by far the coolest buick club ever. Go to one of their meetings, you will meet many helpful TR owners.

Hey craig there will be a car show june 5th (sat) in melrose park. Lincoln Tech is holding the show, I'll be there with my GN and a TTA. It's my first show there, so I dont know what to expect. I work for Just Tires in elmhurst and were going to have a booth there. Both cars will be at the booth aswell. The school is on north ave, just east of 1st ave on the south side of the street. If you or anybody on this board need any more info, feel free to give me a call at work. 630-993-9210

Thanks
Jay

I live in Elk Grove and work in Hillside so I am pretty close to you. Just so happens thay my GN is for sale as well. If youd like a ride I could prolly work something out for you. Also you might want to think about buyin it. Its in very good shape and is pretty fast. Email me if you want more info. JZHeyde@hotmail.com

thanks,

Jamin

Hey, I am in Elburn IL, just west of St.Charles. I just moved there from West Chicago. Check out 75th Lamont there is always cars hanging out at the White castle, me and my GN buddies go there all the time. If you need help finding a GN or anything Turbo Buick related, I will be more than glad to help. I am sitting on 10-15 turbo Buicks as we speak, I restore and sell them as a hobby.

Good luck
Prasad

Originally posted by turbosam6
Ouch. :D

Hey Tom, you goin' to the nats again this year? I got a room so I don't have to crash on your floor!

The Chicagoland chapter of the GSCA is by far the coolest buick club ever. Go to one of their meetings, you will meet many helpful TR owners.

Response #1: Yes, I'm going to the Nats again this year with the familiar crew of guys. You can still sleep on the floor if you want, just don't let Doggett get anywhere near me if he comes since you can hear him snoring 10 miles away!

Response #2: The Chicagoland Chapter is very cool. I used to be a member and would highly recommend it. Lloyd and Shari are wonderful people and the club members are all very knowledgable on anything Buick!!! (O.K. there's your plug, now pay up Johnny!! :D )

Thanks Jay I will probally be up their I can't wait to see some nice cars. P.S. Your car looks bad ass.

Thanks for the info Ziptie86 I will send you an email about the offer

Wickedv6 I will definatly be in touch with you about some cars. 75th & lemont is probally one of my least favorite places to hang out. Mainly rice up their or their is barley any cars out their. But once in a while their are some crazy muscle cars up their.