You can type here any text you want

Any local guys want to lend a hand?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

I know it's getting late in the season but if anyone can handle some "light jacket weather" anytime soon, I can't find the vacuum leak on my car. Tried the carb cleaner method for a few minutes and sprayed any area where I've T'd into any vacuum lines etc and never heard the RPM change. This is just a little bit over my head, I've never dealt with tracking down a leak before.

I'm in the NW Chicago area around Park Ridge, Niles, etc.

Might try my luck with a smoke machine plumbed into the PCV hose sometime this week but if not I'll be looking for someone else with a little more know-how than myself.

Check your intake were it mates up with the heads I had one there and it took a little time to find.

Whats the car doing?

What makes u think its a vac leak? I was just in Park Ridge on Northwest Hwy near Touhy (lil League baseball) its real close, Ill be glad to help U out if we can get together on schedules. Im near Harlem and Irving. PM me

I think it's a vac leak because my gauge reads 12"! :eek: Autometer Vac/Boost gauge. Used to get at least 15 or 16" when the gauge was first installed and then it started reading 12" after a while. I'm 99% sure it happened right around when I decided to install a blow-offvalve so I'd suspect either the plumbing of the vac lines or the valve itself, but I sprayed the valve and lines with carb cleaner and never got a reaction out of it.

Harlem Irving is about 5 mins from my house, we could probably manage to meet up. Right now my oil cooler adapter is leaking, needs a new O-ring, so I don't wanna drive the car. I'll try to get that new o-ring in this week.

Back