any motocross racers or fans here?

PaCemkr86 I couldn't imagine anyone watching that little guy do a burnout and not have a huge smile on there face. thats awsome.:biggrin:
I wish my son had started riding when he was your boys age. Alot of people in motocross say that my son would have been a pro by now had he started at a younger age.
Keep your son a on a bike because of all the years I have been around MX its very rare that you see trouble type kids in MX.

JOHNDEEREGN I would just use the yamalube at 32/1. That bike will run forever with ratio. A KX100 is a great bike but make sure you teach him to respect it because that is a fast bike for a kids bike.

Thanks we will be careful!

Attachments

• Zach's_new_ride_10-31-2009_002.jpg
    Zach's_new_ride_10-31-2009_002.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 499
this is cool, i wonder how many more of us on here ride motocross or have kids that do it..

Jleews6 you right, we are already using riding motocross as leverage for him to get good grades in school.

Attachments

• IMG_9744.jpg
    IMG_9744.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 704
I dint have a bike but I did race in the Quad C then B then A until I decided I didnt want to risk breaking my kneck! Ran a Blaster then a Honda 250R. Man those were some fun Sundays! Now I hope to get my boy into bikes once he's old enough. Nothing like seeing the PeeWee class ride around with parents running by their side!!!:biggrin: I'll probably get back into a bike once he's old enough. Congrats to you dads that get to enjoy those days out there with your sons. That has to be the best feeling ever!

I raced 125 B class back in the day then went to BMX racing after MX. Now my sons got into MX but after winning several races they lost intrest and now they are into BMX!! (Like father like son!). Here are some photo's of us at the local MX track. My oldest one, (12 ) rides a CR85R Expert and my youngest rides a KTM 50. Both 2-strokes and they FLEW!!

Now they have some nice BMX bikes.. I still have a blacked out PK "RIPPER", HARO Group 1 sitting here in my basement.. My youngest one rides a DK Dayton with all sealed hubs & bottom bracket, My oldest rides a VERDE Vex matte black with sealed hubs. Both bowl bikes..

SW.

Is that a KTM 50 pro-senior? Bought one of those for my son a long time ago and that thing flew. I've owned at least 20 dirt bikes over the years...good times

Everybody that rides should have a Leatt brace. My son does not get on a bike without his on. Please check them out. I hate seeing anyone on a bike without one.

Everybody that rides should have a Leatt brace. My son does not get on a bike without his on. Please check them out. I hate seeing anyone on a bike without one.

I will have to google that, is it a neck brace? If so i would LOVE to get one!

Shop was out of Yamalube so he sold me a bottle of Bel Ray MC-1 2 cycle Synthetic Racing Lube and said to mix it 50:1.

Off to ride later:cool:

couple of updates..

We have still been going racing , I entered my first race in 10 years and felt great to finish mid pack in the over 30 class. My son Cody took 2nd place in the PW50 class

2 weeks later and a different track, i took second place in the novice class and Cody got 4th place in the Pw50 class that also had some 70cc and 110cc trail bikes in it.. " go figure"

here are a few pics
IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

even got the wife racing now on a yamaha TTR 125..
and we moved our son up to a KTM SX jr 50.. " this little thing screams and i seem to work on it more then i ever had to work on the Buick"

Attachments

• IMG_5402.JPG
    IMG_5402.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_6670.jpg
    IMG_6670.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_6483.jpg
    IMG_6483.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 349
Great post. Hope they have fun, But alittle advice get them off their BUTTS and on the balls of their feet. Teach the fundamentals from the start and have fun.

Great post. Hope they have fun, But alittle advice get them off their BUTTS and on the balls of their feet. Teach the fundamentals from the start and have fun.
thanks for the advice, will work with them on that

Im one of the guys who grew up.. racing Bmx and dirtbikes... My father had me ripping a 91 cr80 when i was 7 yrs old... fridays and saturdays where bmx racing.and motorcross racing at englishtown on sundays.... I was the #1 9, 10, 11 yr old in the state of NJ for them yrs. It was a great time.. I still ride all the time... If your debaiting it, just do it. bc im thankful that my father interduced me to riding!!! And once awhile he comes out and rips my cr500 around while im on mine banshee... feels like im still a kid again.. So if ur thinking about it, or 2nd guessing it.. Just do it.. Your kid or kids will never forget it.. I didnt!!!

been hitting the tracks for 2 years now. Not second guessing it and loving every minute of it.. Here are some of our wins this year

Attachments

• 100_2374.jpg
    100_2374.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 116