You can type here any text you want

any one ever had an ecm do this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

randymcc

Starting getting codes 55,51,42,43 ect. Car ran aweful. Load values and Maf readings max out etc. see knock retard with est unhooked. showing knock retard on scanmaster when communicating with otc 4000. turn otc 4000 off retard goes away on scanmaster.

Originally posted by randymcc
Starting getting codes 55,51,42,43 ect. Car ran aweful. Load values and Maf readings max out etc. see knock retard with est unhooked. showing knock retard on scanmaster when communicating with otc 4000. turn otc 4000 off retard goes away on scanmaster.

The drive circuitry for the ALDL isn't meant to drive two scanners at the same time, and doing so can fry that part of the ecm.

Use one or the other.

Try using just one, with a known good ecm. That will verify the if the ecm is still OK. If it's OK, then start looking at the grounds on the back of the pass/side cylinder head.

all grounds good even added more and a chasis ground. tried 2 other ecms and did the same thing. Tried a mag 4o chip set up for 40# injectors car would barely run. I have 55# injectors w/ the maxeffort thumbwheel. Check all the pins 4 amp draws and pin out each ecm pin for the correct references and found nothing unusual. I even unplugged esc module and still was reading 25 degrees of knock and other intermittent max sensor readings.
Please help!!!!!!!
Bad chip?

The saga goes on,

Kevin, the chip is S Yaklin's 8 position thumbweel (bought new 4-5 years old ago ) and it has been in a car working most of the time (maybe up unill now).

For the record, Randy plans to try another 55 lb chip this weekend and see if that works. If so we will have the Thumbwheel repaired and upgraded.

results pending......

No results yet but it is not the chip and probably not an ECM as we have tried 3 different ECMs and now several good chip.
Will let you know for those interested.

If things are getting that *weird*, you might have the alternator checked to see if it's putting out an A/C ripple.

Does it do the random number thing without the engine running?.

Is there some electrical item running?, ie a heater fan with bad brushes?.

Bruce,
to be honest My son ran out of time and ideas and gave the car to my motor guru over the weekend.
For the record though, we found voltage was fine with engine running. No accessories were running while testing.

bad grimlin for sure.

Greg McCall

Back