You can type here any text you want

Anybody have line lock photos???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Royal-T-Ltd

....more specifically - Hurst type line lock installs? Just looking for ideas?

aaron

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1382994424265.jpg
    1382994424265.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 271
I installed mine after proportioning valve too! Only cause engine was out of the car. All the brake lines needed to be replaced.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1383005150.418271.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1383005163.615921.jpg

What are the advantages or disadvantages of placing the line lock valve before or after the proportioning valve ?

After the proportioning valve complies with NHRA rules i think.... otherwise i would like to hear a more technical answer as well

aaron

I don't know about technical but if the closing valve is a shorter distance. Will it not effectively work better since the distance in the line is less. Getting more efficiency out of the devise less fluid to hold back. A closed valve is a closed valve. Then I know in some cars the brake light will come on when its pre Prop valve.

I don't know about technical but if the closing valve is a shorter distance. Will it not effectively work better since the distance in the line is less. Getting more efficiency out of the devise less fluid to hold back. A closed valve is a closed valve. Then I know in some cars the brake light will come on when its pre Prop valve.

Nope.
Once the line is pressurized, the amt of fluid in it, is of no importance.
The reason the light comes on, is the prop valve senses the imbalance in the psi between the ft and rear brake systems.

Food for thought. I met a guy running a 9 sec car and he had two line locks. One on the front for burnouts. The other on the back for launching. Hmmm?

Mine on my 10sec TTA

Attachments

• 1383072060144.jpg
    1383072060144.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 188
Back