You can type here any text you want

Anybody have the Wilwood Master Cylinder and Hydroboost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn.87

Time Capsule
I'm stuck again. I want to install the Wilwood M/S with the Hydro boost. I just ordered the hydro booster and lines from Autozone. I ordered the corvette master cylinder from kirban but is ugly. I would like to purchase the Wildwood aluminum master cylinder but they said over the phone it would have to be modified to work but could not give me specifics. I do not want to get into a major project. How hard it was to get the Wilwood M/S to work w/ the hydroboost? All my brakes are stock otherwise. drums in rear and factory discs in the front.

boost231 is using one, but he has the hydroboost system that came on hot air cars.

Have done 5 of these w/ the Wilwood m/c. We use a new hb unit, and custom plumbing.
The m/c is 1.125" bore, and comes w/ the spacer plug for the rear, to make the push rod fit.
No issues yet.

I didn't use the spacer plug. Originally I did but it was putting slight pressure on the piston. I removed the spacer and it's been fine. Other then that I run the 1.125 bore like chuck. I did replace the hydro boost unit with a new autozone special with no issues

I'm stuck again. I want to install the Wilwood M/S with the Hydro boost. I just ordered the hydro booster and lines from Autozone. I ordered the corvette master cylinder from kirban but is ugly. I would like to purchase the Wildwood aluminum master cylinder but they said over the phone it would have to be modified to work but could not give me specifics. I do not want to get into a major project. How hard it was to get the Wilwood M/S to work w/ the hydroboost? All my brakes are stock otherwise. drums in rear and factory discs in the front.

http://baer.com/Remaster.html

I didn't use the spacer plug. Originally I did but it was putting slight pressure on the piston. I removed the spacer and it's been fine. Other then that I run the 1.125 bore like chuck. I did replace the hydro boost unit with a new autozone special with no issues
I neglected to mention, I turned the plug down, just enuf to have zero end play when I bolted the m/c up.

Back