You can type here any text you want

Anybody here go to GIR yesterday?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Royal-T-Ltd

Saw a white Chevy Pickup pulling a GN w/ slicks yesterday on I-270 - anybody here?

Yeah, that was me. I should have stayed home though. Only got to make three passes and they all sucked.

There was another Buick there, GN w/GNX wheels. Clean car, no emblems. Nice.

Steve

13.11 @112. Just like last year but better MPH. I cannot figure out why this car won't leave. It's making the power to run the numbers (low 12's high 11's) ut just won't leave. Can'tbuild more than 3 psi off the foot brake. It's got a restalled D5 (2800 rpm). 60 ft 2.80 all night. Rolls out to 330 ft and hang on. When it finally makes some boost, it comes on hard and stays on till a little hesitation @1000ft. 112 mph should be good for 12.00. If I can get the 60 ft to 1.80 where it's been before, It's right where it should be. Keep in mind, I haven't turned screw on anything. Whenever I get my launch problem figured out, then I'll start to get it dialed in.

maybe the puck isnt sealing totally allowing boost to leak making it hard to spool..? take the DP off and see where the carbon is around the opening... just a thought.

Aaron is right on. Another guy, Chris Garrett, who was in our club years back had the same problem. Once he got the puck to seal he was in the 11.60's with a similar combo. Let us know what you find.

Craig

I have found that turning the alky off on the launch. Worked for me it builds boost with no problems. Just a thought..

All logical solutions. Isn't there provisions in Razor's kit to disable the system on launch? The purple wire, I believe. I'll ask him directly.

Now for the bad news. I won't be able to give an update until next year. I sold my house to build another one, so I am without a garage until fall. That's why I went to the track in the first place, just one last hoorah for a while. The car is now in storage at a friends house.

I appreciate the input, and will explore the solutions when I get settled into the new house w/a 26x38 garage.

I'll still bring the car out for cruises and stuff, just don't hve the time or the place to work on it for a while. Runs great on the street with little lag. That's partly why I'm confused.

Steve

i just saw your mods list and YES the alky could also be causing the slow spool - depending on how much boost you are trying to launch with...like said - Call Julio... he'll give you the low down... there are ways to hook the wire to Brake switch so when brake is depressed the Alky is effectively shutoff [perfect for burnouts and footbraking cars]

As logical as that all sounds, I was having the same problem before the alky install. I'll check the WG puck first, if that checks out OK, I might need to look at the Converter, maybe I got a bad one or maybe I just need more stall.

Where you building a new place at daviss? I'm out a little past wentzville now.

I'm going up 61 in Moscow Mills. Back off MM South of Moscow. Can't wait to get it done. I just got the foundation poured today. Strip the forms tuesday and off to the races.

Back