You can type here any text you want

Anybody running the Borla 14888 Exhaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

Anybody running the Borla 14888 3" cat-back system and if so how do you like it ?

Attachments

• Borla 14888 (2).jpg
    Borla 14888 (2).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,114
looks restrictive,unless r/h side is connected.Better systems out there and probably at a better price.

suicide six said:
looks restrictive,unless r/h side is connected.Better systems out there and probably at a better price.

I would think just the opposite...looks very non-restrictive to me. If the plate is out it is a straight through 3" mandrel bent exhaust. If you add onoe of the restrictor plates then some exhaust flows through a straight through design muffler. Even if the r/h side is blocked off it is still probably less restrictive then the factory 2 1/2" crosflow quasi dual. Don't some run single 3" systems for performance when they don't care about the look?

I'll aggree about the price...Borla is expensive but I can get this system right now for $680 w/free shipping from AJ-USA www.ajusa.com enter "SUPERBOWL" in the promo code spot, total discount 25% when done. What else is out there for the TTA that is S/S, mandrel bent, and a straight through design muffler not chambered like Flowmaster? Yes there may be cheaper systems but probably not as nice with a million mile warranty ?

Oh yes youre right compared to stock exh.dropping tank would be also like stock.Aftermarket wise,I would choose elsewhere.Just my opinion.

3"borla

Whats up man,i have this exhaust on my tta and i think its awesome.I used to cruise around town w/the plate on so that the muffler was being used but
the rumble of the straight through (muffler bypast) sounds mean and nasty.Borla is a very distinctive tone,it doesn't sound like a new cheap muffler,it sounds like thunder,a quality piece of workmanship to compliment your turbo trans am.I have the angle tips,i searched for a long time.Finally found it on,where else, but ebay.

Wonder if an electric cutout can be used in place of the plate :confused:

And if having the cutout all the way in the back would give the same performance as it does in the test pipe location?

Razor said:
Wonder if an electric cutout can be used in place of the plate :confused:

And if having the cutout all the way in the back would give the same performance as it does in the test pipe location?

I was thinking the exact same thing :cool:

yes - the electric cutouts can be used on the borlas.

i keep the 2/3 open plate in my borla on my '98. if i have it wide open i get some popping and rasp. the 2/3 open plate gets rid of all that but is loud and mean ;)

i was more worried about what a v6 engine would sound like coming out of a borla...

Yeah I'm more worried about any resonating sounds. I have Flowmaster on my car and I can't stand the sound at like 3k rpm. Is it a good healthy sound without any resonating?

cruising in second w/the plates off is very very loud.At least in the car it is.

jose said:
cruising in second w/the plates off is very very loud.At least in the car it is.

haha I'm not worried about loud, I have a cutout currently where the cat used to be and I used to drive around with that open all the time because my friend had my plate.

Does it make a resonating with any of the plates in? Especially the full block off plate. It'll sound kind of like a vibration or odd pulsing and is typically louder than the exhaust from inside the car.

Borla

I have pretty much the same exhaust on my 99 LS1 camaro the right hand side is pretty much a straight pipe with the large 0 . the car is pretty quiet ideling and throaty on throttle but i have no idea how it would sound on an LC2

Back