You can type here any text you want

Anyone do vin checks? Also title question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MadMav

Hope this is the right section.

I need a little help.

I am trying to buy an '87 GN over here in Germany. The car has been over here since 98 (at least). American titles arn't required for registration through the on-base(Air Force) vehicle registration system. So the title is not with the car. It has been carfaxed, and nothing came up. Anyway to tell what has been done with the car in the past? Milage checks? Repairs? Recalls? If someone can help, I would be very thankfull.

Also, does anyone have information on getting this bad boy a current title?

Thank you very much,
Maverick

Not sure if this will help........I would say that you should ask the Base registration people to get the date the car was first registered on base,and the name of the person who owned the car. See if you can track that person down through military connections. That car could have been in Germany a long time before it was even registered on base. Maybe you could check with that countrys Division of Registry and see if they have it listed anywhere in their files. Talk to your base MP's as i'm sure they can get you started in the right direction in trying to trace down the history and past owners of the GN while it's been there. Someone has to have a record of the car there somewhere !!! Hoped this helped alittle.
Darrell

Thanks for the help. I will try to find out as much as possible next week. I will go through the legal office and the registration folks. Might even have to go to the TUV to see if it was registered on the local economy. Thanks for the help.

I would still like to have someone with the capability run the VIN to see if anything comes up.

Here it is.

1G4GJ117XHP460357

Thanks,

Mav

Well.....it appears, that I might get off easy on this. The current owner has contacted the Manhiem central registration office, and they say that they may have a copy of the title. The car came over here in Jan 95 and had lein at the time. As I said, you don't need a title to register your car over here, so the owner probably didn't care about the title at the time. I might have this rapped up and bought soon. That would be nice.

Thanks for the help,
Mav

Mav, you might want to make sure that the Lein against the car was taken care of. You don't want it to came back to bite you in the future !!
Darrell

I hear ya. The registration place said it was taken care of. I will not get the car until the current owner has the title in his name and legally signs it over to me at that time. I will be asking some questions.

Mav

The CARFAX© database currently contains no records for this vehicle. Please check back again soon, as our database is continually updated.

Back