You can type here any text you want

Anyone else have this problem with line lock?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
For some reason I can't get my line lock and the line lock light to work at the same time. If I wire it from the switch to the light to the line lock, the light will work, but the line lock wont. If I wire it from the 12V source to the light, to the switch, to the line lock, it pops the 5 amp fuse and no line lock. It's been doing this for years since I bought it. I have been running it without the light and it works fine, but I'd like to have the light and the line lock working simultaneously. Is there (should it be) wired after the line lock solenoid? Bad solenoid maybe??

Hurst roll control kit.

lamp has to wired parallel with the line lock after the switch , not in serial

lamp has to wired parallel with the line lock after the switch , not in serial

I think this means a second positive wire to the lamp and then to a seperate ground from the same switch, correct???

Thanks for the reply.

no it means parallel

12v from fuse block to inline fuse to switch (either wire doesnt matter pick one) ,
out from the switch to the lamp and also to line lock solenoid (pick one wire of solenoid doesnt mater which one) ,
the other lead of the lamp (or the metal shell if lamp doesnt have two leads ) goes to ground ( best ground on dash is at dash ground screw by coutesy lamp under dash )
then ground the other wire of the solenoid (easiest is to driver fender )

heres the instructs ... see pg 7

http://www.loco4fomoco.com/RollControl.pdf

Awesome! Thanks for the help Paul.

No offense, but what do you need a light for??? I mean don't you know if you are holding the button down???

I threw the light that came with mine on the shelf, I'll use it for "something" some day.

No offense, but what do you need a light for??? I mean don't you know if you are holding the button down???

I threw the light that came with mine on the shelf, I'll use it for "something" some day.

I wired it to the ashtray switch panel, didn't use a button.

Now you need a 2 step wired in with that there light and l-lock. ;)

If I have this much trouble getting a light wired, do you think I really need a 2 step or transbrake?

In all seriousness, I had my torque convertor rebuilt, and since then I can't get it to hook leaving with anything over 1 psi now. Did a half track burnout in the 1/8th mile the other night leaving at 2psi. On a more positive note, I did manage my best mph in the 1/8th at 101 mph:).

If I have this much trouble getting a light wired, do you think I really need a 2 step or transbrake?

In all seriousness, I had my torque convertor rebuilt, and since then I can't get it to hook leaving with anything over 1 psi now. Did a half track burnout in the 1/8th mile the other night leaving at 2psi. On a more positive note, I did manage my best mph in the 1/8th at 101 mph:).

LOL! then I geuss you should sink the bread into some new shoes. :biggrin:

Sounds like it's running nice!

Back