Anyone ever go to the San Antonio Raceway?

The track in San Antonio is very nice. I have not been there in about 2 years. Would like to join you but may car is not running too good at this time. Maybe later this year or early next year.

I went there once back in 99 or 00 with my dad and his '87 T. Much nicer track then the one down south where they hold the strawberry festivel (can't remember the name)...was brand new at the time though...

That was Alamo dragway. You were more likely to break down on the return road then the track. That is the worst return road that I have ever been on, except the one in Waco

You bet. This is my home track (about 50 miles from my house). I go for the index races. Don't care much for bracket racing.
I freshened up the motor over the winter with new heads/pistons/cam/turbo/converter combo and will start the tuning process again when it cools off (probably about October).
PM me and let's trade contact info.

Excellent! I hope to have a fresh tranny installed by the end of October - but I'd like to get my bike out there sooner than later - talk to ya soon!

Really the best time to go to the track is on Midnight Madness other than that the track is dead and sometimes boring to go to seems to be going down hill if you ask me. This Saturday was great turnout for Midnight Madness.

When it cools down a little more I will be heading out there. Don’t like beating on the Buick when it is 102! The car is ready and so am I, and I have some new stuff to try out. If you go out on Wednesday evening (6:00- 6:30 pm) during the test and tune you can several passes in before the line starts. PM me when you all are ready to go.

Nice track, last time I went the GN ran a 12.6 on 5 cylinders with a 2.2 60ft ..LOL That was with the old setup. I need to go again now that I have the different engine and E-85, damn thing screams...

Just got back from the track, nice place..not too many cars there, it was a points race tonight, lots of rail type cars, jr dragsters, and straight up drag cars. Only 2 street cars. One new SS Camaro (13.95 at 103mph?!?! wtf?!) and a 2011 5.0 Stang that appeared stock but ran 11.90 somehow..I looked under the hood and didn't see any nitrous lines or evidence of anything really other than a cold air kit and stickly tires. Car launched hard, maybe he had a big converter and low gears. Owner said it was stock and 'that's just what these things run' - pretty much a tool to me. I took the Buick but had it parked way out. Gotta get the trans rebuilt and find some sticky tires/15" wheels. It sounds like Wednesday and Friday are better nights to go. Test and Tune, more street cars, etc. Let me know when anyone wants to head out there! Will probably be late Oct or early Nov before I can get the trans done and actually get on the track, but I'd like to bring the Ducati out there and see how it does. Good times!

Just got back from the track, nice place..not too many cars there, it was a points race tonight, lots of rail type cars, jr dragsters, and straight up drag cars. Only 2 street cars. One new SS Camaro (13.95 at 103mph?!?! wtf?!) and a 2011 5.0 Stang that appeared stock but ran 11.90 somehow..I looked under the hood and didn't see any nitrous lines or evidence of anything really other than a cold air kit and stickly tires. Car launched hard, maybe he had a big converter and low gears. Owner said it was stock and 'that's just what these things run' - pretty much a tool to me. I took the Buick but had it parked way out. Gotta get the trans rebuilt and find some sticky tires/15" wheels. It sounds like Wednesday and Friday are better nights to go. Test and Tune, more street cars, etc. Let me know when anyone wants to head out there! Will probably be late Oct or early Nov before I can get the trans done and actually get on the track, but I'd like to bring the Ducati out there and see how it does. Good times!

The very first Wednesday that the highs are in the low 80’s I will be headed out there. Hopefully that will happen soon!

That was Alamo dragway. You were more likely to break down on the return road then the track. That is the worst return road that I have ever been on, except the one in Waco
Yup! That was it..the right hand lane was always crappy a well. Still had fun though. I never saw another TB there though. Saw one up at the nice track the one time we went there. My Dad melted his O2 sensor on a 12.1 pass and I was running around trying to find the owner of the other car to see if he could borrow theis and get that 11 second time slip!

Once it gets colder I'll head that way usually all the vampire racers will come out as well.......still to hot for my blood!

Once it gets colder I'll head that way usually all the vampire racers will come out as well.......still to hot for my blood!

I will be taking Fear out hopefully end of Nov, once car is back in TX. Everyone aught to make dates to go, just give 2 weeks notice. I can only take fear out when they track is hooking though. I wont drive it when there is only 10 sec and up street cars.

Can’t stand it anymore!! I am going out to the track tonight for an hour or two. Hopefully improve a 60 ft time.

Yep San Antonio raceway...just sitting here at work waiting for it to get closer to 7:00...i hate waiting. Thanks

I try and go as much as possible. It is a 2 hour drive for me though! it is either SAR or the track in Edinburg, im in the middle of both of them. Next time any of yall go send me a pm I would like to make it up there and meet with some other TR owners. My dad and I just got back from the BOP shootout they just had on the 21st.