You can type here any text you want

anyone ever heard of using a corvette of the same year master cylinder.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
just because it's from a Corvette doesn't automatically make it better in every way.
what are the specs (bore size, etc) of the master cylinder in question, and how does that compare to what you want it to replace?

A smaller bore master will give you more line pressure but you'll have more pedal travel. G-bodys used several different size masters.

A smaller bore master will give you more line pressure but you'll have more pedal travel. G-bodys used several different size masters.

So is the converse true? Does a larger bore give less pressure and less travel? I would think then the pressure your leg needs to exert would be higher.

Yes Dave. On my car setup with b-body brakes a stock 24mm (.950") master had soft pedal but great braking power. A b-body 1.125" master the pedal was good but lacked brake power. A 1" master has a good pedal and good brake power.

Yes Dave. On my car setup with b-body brakes a stock 24mm (.950") master had soft pedal but great braking power. A b-body 1.125" master the pedal was good but lacked brake power. A 1" master has a good pedal and good brake power.

Thanks Dwight. Do you have a part number or application for the 1" master you recommend?

I read somewhere on here that there are some corvette manual MC that will work.

Cutt, I got an s10 manual box on ebay delilvered for 65 bucks. I'm putting it on today. I'll try to remember to post results back when I'm done.

My buddy just spent 400-500 bucks or so on the Flaming River box.

I have the MOPAR MC ....the one wilwood stole the design from. 33 bucks.:cool:

7/8 cylinder if I remember right. For a 95 Plymouth Voyager.....:rolleyes:

Back