You can type here any text you want

Anyone experience LESS KNock with aftermarket cold air kits?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brittken

Crazy for Sonya!!!
I just installed a ATR cold air box with the big 14" K&N filter on it. It seems that I am recieving virtually NO KNOCK with it installed. This is great but I still have a factory fuel pump installed so I was scared that I might recieve more knock because of the increase in air volume entering the motor with the same amount of fuel as before with the stock air box. I dont have a scan master yet but I have a knock detector and that is the results I have recieved so far. Has anyone experienced this also?

do me a favor...UPGRADE THAT FUEL PUMP BEFORE YOU BLOW UP SOMETHING!:eek:

take my word and everyone else's word...the factory fuel pump is GARBAGE and does not even support the flow of fuel for a FACTORY STOCK car...let alone slapping on a more fuel demanding cold air system...yikes i am surprised you haven't blown a headgasket yet for lack of fuel...first mods to a TR should always be #1 scan tool and #2 FUEL PUMP!

get a walbro 340 with a hotwire kit and a accufab 100 psi adjustable fuel pressure regulator and then you can add all the mods you want and be safe...

Back