Anyone experience LESS KNock with aftermarket cold air kits?

brittken

Crazy for Sonya!!!
I just installed a ATR cold air box with the big 14" K&N filter on it. It seems that I am recieving virtually NO KNOCK with it installed. This is great but I still have a factory fuel pump installed so I was scared that I might recieve more knock because of the increase in air volume entering the motor with the same amount of fuel as before with the stock air box. I dont have a scan master yet but I have a knock detector and that is the results I have recieved so far. Has anyone experienced this also?

do me a favor...UPGRADE THAT FUEL PUMP BEFORE YOU BLOW UP SOMETHING!:eek:

take my word and everyone else's word...the factory fuel pump is GARBAGE and does not even support the flow of fuel for a FACTORY STOCK car...let alone slapping on a more fuel demanding cold air system...yikes i am surprised you haven't blown a headgasket yet for lack of fuel...first mods to a TR should always be #1 scan tool and #2 FUEL PUMP!

get a walbro 340 with a hotwire kit and a accufab 100 psi adjustable fuel pressure regulator and then you can add all the mods you want and be safe...

Back