You can type here any text you want

anyone go an interest in a 4.1 4 barrel intake?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
i dont have the carb but i do have the intake and have no use for it.

i've heard they bring up to $100 but im open for offers.

ANY OFFERS ?

try not to kill me but i have no use for this thing

when you'll get ready too go ahead and delete this you dont need my permission just figured you guys were the only ones that would really be interested.

Ebay's a great idea. I assume it's a factory intake. Aftermarket intakes will go for $100, but a factory intake isn't worth near that. There easy to find in a U-pick-it yard for 30-40 with all the fittings.

Play up the fact it's aluminum and is a direct fit for a 3.8 2-barrel with the right carb (electronic or not).

i dont care much for ebay..i hardly ever go there (only when i see a link to something on it)

its no biggy to sell it if nobody wants it i'll just leave it sit...thats why i'll take offers i dont need to sell it but if somebody could use it id rather them have it and at the same time i can recover a lil of the $ i paid for the motor..

i dont care much for ebay..i hardly ever go there (only when i see a link to something on it)

its no biggy to sell it if nobody wants it i'll just leave it sit...thats why i'll take offers i dont need to sell it but if somebody could use it id rather them have it and at the same time i can recover a lil of the $ i paid for the motor..

id be interested if it were an aluminum intake for a 3,8 non turbo engine, limited car bone stock it is, so let me know

and if its aluminum and decent condition id do a hundred shipped

id be interested if it were an aluminum intake for a 3,8 non turbo engine, limited car bone stock it is, so let me know

and if its aluminum and decent condition id do a hundred shipped

You do realize this was posted in 02, don't you?:eek::biggrin:

you do realize this was posted in 02, don't you?:eek::biggrin:

no this is the fourth or fifth time on this site and never logged on till i bought this buick i have to say the whole thing is a bit confusing, im used to like craigslist.

Maybe someone can point me into the o9 posting, for real guess im lost. Lol

no this is the fourth or fifth time on this site and never logged on till i bought this buick i have to say the whole thing is a bit confusing, im used to like craigslist.

Maybe someone can point me into the o9 posting, for real guess im lost. Lol

When you do a search look at the top left and you can see when it's been posted. This is a message board and threads can be much older if you need the info.:smile: If you want an intake I've got 1 more modified 4.1 but it aint cheap. It's the one in the 4.1 modification post and I've got a lot of time in it. The last one I sent out is in Norway and if Tor is willing to part with it I'm sure it will cost more than you want.:eek:

when you do a search look at the top left and you can see when it's been posted. This is a message board and threads can be much older if you need the info.:smile: If you want an intake i've got 1 more modified 4.1 but it aint cheap. It's the one in the 4.1 modification post and i've got a lot of time in it. The last one i sent out is in norway and if tor is willing to part with it i'm sure it will cost more than you want.:eek:

well i could justify cost if i gained some performance, what i dont want is to throw good money after bad, if its not going to get me what i want then i dont want it, ive taken a turn of events this evening course of action im persuing is this, ive been told tongiht that my regal limited 87 is worth a little more then i thought especially with a few mods, apparently ive already got the block for the turbo application and by drilling return hole for oil and changin wiring harness and a few other basic mods (so ive been told) can turn my little regal limited into a sleeper in a sense. So im looking for a turbo system applicable with my carberated 87 3,8 knowing im goin to need exhaust and other items, im going to turn my attentin towards turbo application seems stock. Shouldnt be that difficult everyone is dumping there stock gear and upgrading mine as well swwooop up some scraps and just start with the basics id be real happy with that.

Pull up to the light looking limited and pulling away looking grand. Lol got any of those parts

Well I do have an almost complete HA set up right now. Puter and everything. But it's sitting on the back burner until I get the rest of my mods done to the C/T set up.

Forgive my lack of knowledge here but would that switch my stock 3.8 liter engine over to turbo addition of the same engine for 87 and im assuming by you mentioning the wiring harness and computer those would need swaped out do yo have the exhaust off of the turbo or actually exactly what all does that included you can email me at stevehllsbr@aol.com if its easier or post back here, doesnt matter and i guess i should ask how much you want for it as well i did get me a hood its coming up from alabama and exterior black out trim. Let me ask ya, is that exterior black out trim basically my chrome trim painted or is there a difference and can i paint my chrome bumpers black some how or do i have to purhcase seperate. This fellow i spoke with by the end of coversation was telling me my car was worth alot more then i thought cause of it being an 87 regal limited and told me to leave all the extreior parts minus the black out trim. For it to be worth the most. 88,000 original miles would that hold up to a turbo charger and dont or wouldnt i need to change the trans as well these are quesions i dont know.

Forgive my lack of knowledge here but would that switch my stock 3.8 liter engine over to turbo addition of the same engine for 87 and im assuming by you mentioning the wiring harness and computer those would need swaped out do yo have the exhaust off of the turbo or actually exactly what all does that included you can email me at stevehllsbr@aol.com if its easier or post back here, doesnt matter and i guess i should ask how much you want for it as well i did get me a hood its coming up from alabama and exterior black out trim. Let me ask ya, is that exterior black out trim basically my chrome trim painted or is there a difference and can i paint my chrome bumpers black some how or do i have to purhcase seperate. This fellow i spoke with by the end of coversation was telling me my car was worth alot more then i thought cause of it being an 87 regal limited and told me to leave all the extreior parts minus the black out trim. For it to be worth the most. 88,000 original miles would that hold up to a turbo charger and dont or wouldnt i need to change the trans as well these are quesions i dont know.

first things first.......... whats your loction?

A.j.

LOL I'm in Hillsboro TX myself. How's that for a hoot.

First you need to make some sort of plan on what you want to do. Figure out a budget, and then expect it to cost twice as much as you figure on. Not kidding either. When you plan on a car project expect it to take twice the time and at least twice the money you plan on. That's how it always seem to work for me at least. LOL

say found a 78 buick turbo engine complete and still running today guess it wouldnt be worth the time to fool with huh if not then maybe you know someone who needs its, its complete four barrel intake turbo and all everything there but carb. what do you think its worth if anything

say found a 78 buick turbo engine complete and still running today guess it wouldnt be worth the time to fool with huh if not then maybe you know someone who needs its, its complete four barrel intake turbo and all everything there but carb. what do you think its worth if anything

For me I could use the turbo control center and the PEVR valve. That's all I need to finish up with the extra parts I need for the project.:biggrin: If the engine is original then you can just change the heads out for the later high port ones and you're good to go.:smile: It has the rolled filet crank in it.:cool:

yeah its all original or looks to be at least and your saying the engine would be fit for my needs by changin the heads out hmmm..... so the engine is worth something then, i guess your right it does already have the better crank and things in it dont it. wouldnt i be going backwards tho far as block numbers go, dont i have a better block to go turbo with since mine is 87 already (now this engine i found is in pretty good condition) fellow guaranteed me my money back if it didint start right up with no problems, but thing is it came out of a jeep like one of those cj jeeps its got a fly wheel and flexplate on it it was bolted to a standard shift trans. wonderin how that worked out for the guy

Back