Anyone going to The Rock 11/23 for Made in USA shootout

I hope some of you guys show up. I heard the trophy for "Quickest Buick" went to a 4-door Regal running low 14's at the one in September! :eek:

There was one other GN there, but he left before the runoffs.

I hope to make it to the rock on the 25th.Last NOV I ran my car at that race it was USA vs Imports.I made it to the semis in the usa race and won the USA vs Import race and also had the fastest Buick.(only two Buicks and the other one went home before the fastest buick race!)

i will be there---but with my corvette.A bunch of my local vette pals are going ---i would love to see some buicks there though----Keith(N.C.Turbos) has my buick--don't know if you remember me--but i was the one who drove up there in 2nd gear--that's bad----anyway--com'on tr's--let's go--some fast vettes will be there--i would love to see the tr's hold their own.

Geoff Hall

How was it?

Anything worth mentioning? I was thinking of going even if I didn't have a job, but considering car troubles I've had this week, I'm glad I didn't. Sat night I almost ran a cobra, but he got up next to me, and I'm pretty sure he could hear my turbo whistling a little as we drove down the road. I made a move to get on the highway, but he didn't follow. I ran WOT for a little bit, and afterward, heard what sounded like valvetrain tap. Turned the car off for @ 20 min while I visited my parents, when I left, no more tapping... Hmmm. Okay.

For my other car - running extremely poor. idles pretty much okay, but no power whatsoever. Maxs out at 10psi, runs WOT like it's a 4cyl. I've got my suspicions about what it is, but I'd like to hear some additional thoughts on what it might be to see if they come close to what I suspect, or if I should check something different all together.

That's it from me.

-greg

Greg you still have a chance the race was postponed till this sunday due to the weather.I saw a bunch of corvettes there looked like easy pickens.

CKBuick--

It was good meeting you today at the Rock.You have a great looking and running GN.That was very nice of you to help the guy beside you like you were doing.I would of liked to have spent a little more time talking Buicks with you, but it looked like you had your hands full with the other GN.
By the way--you outran everyone of my vette buddies--that's very :cool: .Although i don't think they were fond of it :D

Geoff Hall

Geoff it was nice meeting you. You guys have some really nice corvettes. The last run of the day my car ran a 11.39 thats the quickest its ever run.I got a small trophy for having the fastest GN I think Steve should have stuck around he could have been the fastest GN.Hope to meet up with again hopefully with your GN. :D

No staged buicks were there? I wish I could've seen you guys run. BTW, my neighbor just got his 86 GN Stage II monster going. WOOHOO I CAN'T WAIT TO GO FOR A RIDE:D !!!!!