anyone have a hardtime pumping gas??

fireberd350

besides the mousetrap liscence plate does anyone else have problems with the automatic shut off on the gas pumps? my tank will be empty and the pump will still shut off....the only way it works is to make sure the handle is perpendicular to the ground and the lever is squeezed to about 50-60%, any more than that and it shuts off....while im on the subject i really need one of them stay down plate holders too

That's pretty much what I have to do. I did switch the stay-down plate bracket from Kirban, or ATR, or Ronco... someone like that. I think it's from the F-body cars.

TK

I have the same problem. It doesn't matter how much gas is in the tank it shuts off. I have to pump very slow and it takes about 10 minutes to fill my tank. You can also get those stay down plate brackets of the old caprices,roadmasters and impalas.

Me too. It's because of the turns in the tank neck that causes the back pressure if you pump too fast.

I can't pump anything even close to fast. I can pump about 1 gallon every 2 minutes its horrible. Maybe i should just start runnuing c-16 all the time because you can't pump that into the car;)

Obviously, you guys are unaware that I sell the staydown license plate holders for $15 shipped. Check my ad in parts for sale. Not only does this gadget stop the pump from messing up, but also is an aid in picking up chicks. Buy one and see! ;)

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Not only does this gadget stop the pump from messing up, but also is an aid in picking up chicks. Buy one and see! ;)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

riiight

my car does that too, but it seems like it only does it on certian pumps.. others its fine on.

-Neil

Originally posted by 1of1035
neil, you have the staydown bracket. Did it help you pick up chicks?

hell yeah, how do you think i got heather? :eek: :cool: :D

man if she ever reads that shes going to kick my ass :eek: ;)

-Neil

I've noticed that over the years... And while I plan to get a stay-down door eventually, I can't see how that will make a difference on how long it takes to fill the tank... I attribute the problem to the funky bends in the fuel inlet pipe..

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Obviously, you guys are unaware that I sell the staydown license plate holders for $15 shipped.

You work for Ronco?

On a less serious note, I can fill at full speed if I hold the nozzle pretty much veritical. I will click off and I can get about another gallon to the top if I want.

The stay down plate just makes holding the nozzle a bit easier.

i also have an 87 cutlass and have no problems at all pumping gas in that, i can have the pump angled and at full open w/o a problem....fills up and stops when it is supposed too...as far as I know it is the same tank and neck but something must be different:confused: anywho it pisses me off

RRT: Ill be getting in touch w/ you...i nee a stay down plate but ill have to check w/ my g/f and make sure she'll be OK w/ the swarm of girls that result from the swap...i also need one of them lighted rear views you sell....ill send ya some mail this week

I have no problem pumping it...just paying for it 2.00 for 91..California crap...yikes

Got my stay down bracket at the jyard last weekend. I haven't had to fill up yet but I'm looking forward to it being easier and picking up some chicks too :D

Red Regal T's Flip down Baby! Now I can check the air pressure and wash the windshield instead of using two hands and a foot.

Is the vent clean so it can breath?

Mine was like that until I put a new fuel pump in and noticed a crappy vent line....cleaned it and I can let the pump do it's thing at "full pump".

jmtc

Mark