Anyone have a wiring diagram to wire the MAF Translator Pro?

kolb02

I bought the car with this in it and I would like to remove it. All the wires are spliced into the factory wires with some of them cut. If someone had the install instructions for this it would be great. I researched the net I didn't find anything.

Because its all hacked into the harness along with a tone of other BS that is not right. Plus I don't want to run speed density and would like to just run a TT chip and MAF.

The translator pro does not have to be run in speed density. It will also run a MAF.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

What if I'm not comfortable doing all the tuning? I fired up the car with the new motor and it runs like dog crap. So rich the AF gauge won't read.

The Tpro is a great device for a gadget savvy guy but if you want to simplify things a MAF and basic translator will do it. Dave and I have been using the Tpro for a long time and to us it's second nature.

Most of the Tpro wires are tapped onto factory wires. A couple require to be cut a routed through the pro. It's pretty cut and dry. Simply disconnect the tapped wires. The other 2 circuits are maf a iat. Disconnect them from the the pro harness and connect the factory wires back together. Maf wire is the grey and red. IAT is tan.

If you would like to try and figure out the Tpro, Dave and I can help.

Rick

Ok. I hooked up the map sensor to vac and it runs better now. The guy I bought it from was running the tpro on speed density. Is that how you would do it?

Yes the map sensor is being used to calculate fuel in speed density. If it had no sinal, the motor would not run well if at all.

Set up the sensor monitor page to raed

MP AFR
MT CF

MP is map signal
MT is manifold temp
AFR air fuel ratio
CF correction factor

Post back reading at idle.
Also do you have a pro chip installed?

Rick

Reset the ecm. Does car have a scanmaster? KOEO scroll to int. Should say 12. Then go to bl. Using the gas pedal make bl read 08. Hold the gas pedal on 08 and turn ignition off. That will command full time open loop. It will run much better that way.

What's AFR reading engine warm at idle?

Rick

Here is what she reads at idle. I put it in open loop on the scanmaster

Attachments

• 1420141228836.jpg
    1420141228836.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 306
Looks pretty good. AFR's in 13's. Correction is working. It's pulling 10% so the tune is a little rich but not far off.

Take it out for a light drive. See what the correction is doing while driving. I would bet it's going to be pulling fuel. If that's the case, use "Mainscale" to adjust fuel so that correction is closer to 0. 5 +/- is acceptable. Mainscale adjusts fuel across the board. Idle, cruise and wot will be affected. The idea is to use the mainscale to adjust the over all tune and use the low tune and high tune pages to further dial in idle and wot afr.

It's a cool little device. I think your going to like it!

Rick

Sounds good. I will just PM you now when I get to that. There is a lot of snow on the ground right now.