You can type here any text you want

anyone have engine pics?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tpivette89

just wondering how Buick setup the carbed turbo motors. i own a SFI hotair, and wanted to know the turbo/piping differences between the 2 setups, and how they made it work with a carb. ive seen the drawings on the "before black" website, but i think a real photo would be much better. stock or modified engines welcome. thanks guys!

no one has any pics of their engines? come on guys, are they all dirty or something? heres a link to some very clean SFI hotair engines if anyones interested:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132708

just wanted to compare the 2 motors side by side and see how your carbed turbos look.

PS- any of you guys modded? does anyone hotrod the carbed 3.8 turbos? how fast do you guys run? its pretty hard for us non-intercooled Buicks to make decnet power... almost all the speed parts are for the 86/87 models. i wanted to see if you guys have to clear the same hurdles us SFI guys have to

There is less aftermarket support for Carb/Turbos than SFI Hot Airs. Actually there is no aftermarket specific to Carb/Turbos.

With an MSD box, looser torque converter, 160° thermostat, K&N filter, guages and a very cheap, junkyard alcohol injection system, I've gone from low 17's to a 14.71@93 mph. The motor, turbo and carb are stock.

Next motor will be a 4.1 w/ ported heads. :)

Just like the 86/87, it's really about tuning. Boost up, knock down.

I've got pictures of real motors all over my website. It's really hard to see under all the tubing and wires. The motor are very simialr except for the obvious carb vs EFI.

81soule4.JPG

attachment.php

Back