Anyone have mudflaps on the TR?

Turbodan

Not that I am going to drive off road. But I am getting tired of getting little chips in my paint near my wheels from pebbles and rocks. Does anyone make a set for our cars? If anyone has a set on their car please email at dhouse321@yahoo.com I want to see how they look.

On my old GN I had a set that I got from a dealer. They said Buick on the bottom and looked classy. I had to mod them a bit to get them to work.

Shane said:
On my old GN I had a set that I got from a dealer. They said Buick on the bottom and looked classy. I had to mod them a bit to get them to work.

Yeah same here. They do look pretty good on there and cut down on the stone chips big time.

Mine say "Back Off" & have the "Yosemite Sam" emblem in red, grey, & yellow. Came from J. C. Whitney, I believe. Had to do some trimming on mine also. Sort of give my car the "Good ol boy" country look. Definitely stops the rock chips.

Also, I think they do more harm than good because overtime, the crap that gets caught between the mudflap and the car deteriorates the lip of the fender where it's attached. And if your car is like mine, you don't need anything speeding that process along.

In all seriousness, I would never mud flap a GN, T-Type, Turbo-t, or a TTA.
It just doesn't go with the image. One of my Turbo-T's did come with small mud flaps from the previous owner, possible dealer installed, as I have seen a few other Turbo-t's over the years with flaps, and I removed them the minute that I saw them. Some things just don't belong on certain years and styles of cars, IMHO, and I think that flaps were pretty much at the top of their game or popularity on '50's cars in the late '50's or early '60's. I live with the rock chips, also, but on a 16K mile garage queen, hows bad can the chips be. I have probably got less than ten on the whole exterior of the car, including those on all surfaces, and probably approximating or less than pinhead size.

salvageV6 said:
I'd rather have my 2 mud flaps than a garage queen. :p ;)
-------------------------------------------
My garage queen could be worth a little more that your 2 mud flaps, so I think that I will stick with the garage queen. Definitely 2 each his own, though.

I used to use stainless mudflaps on my T, and then, some really cool guy here on the board made fun of them, so I had to take them off. :(

Attachments

• hl005.JPG
    hl005.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 149
I guess I am going to have to admit I put a set on my car when I was racing it.

Was a real pain getting all the rubber off of the rear quarter panel without them. Heck, I used to get rubber on top of my trunk lid

Car definitely looks better without them

Mike