You can type here any text you want

Anyone have pics of 275/60/15 rear tire setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Not the best pic....but here's one from a distance. 275/60/15 BFG DR's on 15X8.5 rims.

Attachments

• RareT 5b.JPG
    RareT 5b.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 660
Different view....

Attachments

• RareT 1a.JPG
    RareT 1a.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 623
Here is mine, riding on MT Drag radials

Attachments

• 1987 GN Ext Driver Side.jpg
    1987 GN Ext Driver Side.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 603
Buick_ISO_1746.jpg

And btw, for reference... don't stare at just the rr wheels... Any tire will look funny if you focus at it too much.

275/60/15 Nittos on Am. Racing wheels 15" x 8" with 3.75" back spacing.

13063849-d92a-028001E0-.jpg

13063864-06c5-028001E0-.jpg

I keep about 8-10 psi. in the airbags when using these tires.

flattype said:
Do they rub? What has to be done for them to fit?

Mine rubbed only on the right rear. I rolled the fender lip and it was fine untill i hit a really hard bump. I installed some rear air bags and now it doesn't rub at all.

TwinyTwin said:
Mine rubbed only on the right rear. I rolled the fender lip and it was fine untill i hit a really hard bump. I installed some rear air bags and now it doesn't rub at all.

These air bags do you just put them through the spring or do you have to remove the spring?

You just put them in threw the springs while they are deflated. You can get these from any of the vendors on the site. I picked mine up from Paul @ SouthEast Turbo

Can we see some more of the 275/50/15 if anyone has any?
Thanks

Geoff

They rubbed on the trim molding over big bumps without air in the air bags on my setup.

Airbags are an easy install but keep the plastic lines tied far away from the exhaust system.

Rolling the fenderwell lip and trim would cure the problem as would perhaps a 3.5" backspacing.

It was much easier for me to add some air to the already installed air bags. :)

I don't race with the larger diameter Nittos anymore so I'll probably go back to the 275/50/15 for 3 season daily driving when these wear out.

Here's a few pics of my brother's old GN that he sold with the M/T 275/60/15 DRs... His fender lip was rolled but otherwise they fit perfect.. I miss his car, it hooked very well on the street and won many street races :(

Attachments

• 120405001.jpg
    120405001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 521
Back