You can type here any text you want

Anyone here from Southern Illinois??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I haev seen a few turbo T's runnign around this area (Marion, Carbondale, Herrin, DeSoto) and was wondering if any of you are lurking around here.

Anyways, Speak up if your around here!!! Looking to find some local folks to swap lies and bench race with.

I'm from Carbondale. Small world eh? No Turbo Buick yet, god I need one. :( Don't see one in my future till my stay at SIU is through either.

I go to SIU also, Mech Eng. major.

I haev seen a couple here and there, and noticed one or two behind houses and barns around this area. I never have any money, so i generally dont stop to ask abotu them. One of them I saw this summer was rotting away behind a garage outside of Marion. I never stopped to ask about it, and sure enoguh, its gone now. :(

Hollar at me sometime, and we'll hook up for some benchracing.

I talked to a guy on 2 meter (ham radio) around here that said he had a Lincoln he hopped up. Any chance you're him? Heh, you've probably seen me if you're in engineering, I'm EET. They've got me chained to a desk in ENGR 131 or the 106 lab.

No, no HAM radio here, ANd i havent seen any other hopped up Lincolns around here. HE may have meant flows and K&N though :D

I hear that! I'm tied up in the A209 lab most of the time, orgoing from floor to floor in the A building getting my doses of math.

What year are you? Im a Sophmore, 2nd year here. Been out of school for 11 years, decided to give this college thing a shot. So far, so good!

Hey, always good to try and learn new things. Never too old to change. Me, I'm third year. You can applaud the pain. :D Nah, it was more along the lines of a fairly built 460, I think nitrous too. I guess you've lived around here a long time. I've been here Since '91 myself.

Oh...460 Lincoln.....thats a bit different from mine :D

No, I just moved up here last August to go to school here. My g/f goes to the Law School here too.

Quit messing around and get yourself a Turbo Buick!!

hey, was talking to a friend of mine he seems to know who you are and what your lincoln is, he says it's plenty wicked. :D Oh yeah, Nick says hi.

What's Up Disney!

Well I am one from the Southern Illinois area with a GN. I am a long time member of this board but have been having logging in problems for a long time. I finally changed my e mail and other info to make this post. I actually met Disney after a Cruise night in Herrin this summer. My GN is the one with all the chrome and red tubing under the hood. It was quite a surprise to see those two turbos under the hood of that Lincoln. I was impressed by the work that you put into it. It Sounds nice too.:) My GN is getting ready to go into hiding for the winter. I usually attend 20-30 Car Shows every summer along with some afternoon cruising on occasion. Many may also know my Car from the St Louis area as I attend many shows up that way. The last Car Show was yesterday and except for a little late night "stalking" in the next couple of weeks I guess I am done for the year. Good to know others in the area with an interest in Turbo Buicks. Take care!

hey disney, just wanted to say I missed ya by about 10-15 minutes last tuesday or thursday, guess that's how these things go eh.

It was nice to meet you and see your car K Buckles. That thing is SWEET!!! One of the best done GN's that ive seen. I checked in on the SMC kit, and I looked at the Ankycontrol too. I like both of them,. but I need to sell my Aquamist before I do anything.

You'll see me around Drac, Im there everyday!! I almost always park in the arena parking lot. Its close to ENGR and Neckers, so I dont haev to walk my fat ass too far. :D

Originally posted by Disney Lincoln
You'll see me around Drac, Im there everyday!! I almost always park in the arena parking lot. Its close to ENGR and Neckers, so I dont haev to walk my fat ass too far. :D

Yep, doin likewise myself! got 3 classes, all ENGR. Hell, all the same room. but that's another rant entirely.

Hey Disney, word on the street is you had some real excitment with the Lincoln in the recent past, got any pics?

yeah, that looks like it. My condolences about your motor man, that's a tough break. Just use it as an excuse to build one that's even more badass. :cool:

Back