Anyone here using a 4L80 intead of a TH400 ?

I see that you can get an electronic controller from FAST...which works with the FAST system (obviously :rolleyes:...), but what about the Baumann?...Is it compatible with the FAST ?...OR...could it be that the transmission controller (whatever the brand) works by itself, has nothing to do with the engine management's system, and doesn't really have to be compatible with anything specific?...:confused:

Claude. :smile:

I see that you can get an electronic controller from FAST...which works with the FAST system (obviously :rolleyes:...), but what about the Baumann?...Is it compatible with the FAST ?...OR...could it be that the transmission controller (whatever the brand) works by itself, has nothing to do with the engine management's system, and doesn't really have to be compatible with anything specific?...:confused:

Claude. :smile:

Both systems are stand alone units that dont need engine management to operate. You only need to supply TPS. I have used both. Its all about your budget. The Baumann works perfectly and is simple. The FAST has bells and whistles the Baumann does not.

Big stuff 3 will run a 4l80e and engine. I have use one for 3 years now . 274 cdi with a 47-88 turbo. Works good . 3 disk lock up converter holds no slip. I built it 3 year ago never had any problems yet.

How's about a LU TC for a TH400,
or has someone already done this?

After the rebuild on my 1/2 ton, I'd just as soon not deal with the cost of 4L80E HP parts for a few more years.

4l80e

Im using a 4l80e in my Typhoon. This trans is very strong. Im making 700hp to the wheels AWD and its has some 300 passes on it and never been out of the truck. Ive never even seen the trans temps get higher than 180*. I use a big stuff 3 management system witch has the electronic controls for the tans. Most of the SY Ty guys run the tci controller. Even a stock 4l80e with a trans go shift kit is good for 800hp rwd. Its a great investment if your making big power and still drive your car on the street.

021rpi.jpg

By fdeninno, shot with DSC-T9 at 2009-04-30

Both systems are stand alone units that dont need engine management to operate. You only need to supply TPS. I have used both. Its all about your budget. The Baumann works perfectly and is simple. The FAST has bells and whistles the Baumann does not.

Thanks Lonnie for your reply...:)...But...can you elaborate a little more about the "bells and whistles"?...:confused:

Claude. :)

Thanks Lonnie for your reply...:)...But...can you elaborate a little more about the "bells and whistles"?...:confused:

Claude. :)

Claude there are several little things. Line pressure per gear and some other things. I don't know every little detail. I am sure it will be listed somewhere.