Anyone in the Dallas area need some assistance?

Danster

I am looking at purchasing a TR in the near future and have been reading this forum to familiarize myself with the motors and tranney's. However, I have not worked on any cars other than routine maintenance since my 69 Mach1 that was totaled years ago and would like to get back into getting my hands dirty. I best learn by doing the work vs reading how it's suppose to be done and would like to help/assist someone in the Dallas area who might be working on a TR. Whether a small or big project, this would give me the expose thus giving me the confident to work on my own car.

Do any of you TR owners help each other out? Just a thought, thanks for reading.

Dannyo

Plano, huh. I live in arlington and haven't tinkered with my car yet but when I do I will let you know. Have you found a car yet?

Originally posted by Danster
Do any of you TR owners help each other out? Just a thought, thanks for reading.Dannyo

Dannyo you might go to the Lone Star Performance Buick Club
web site there are a lot of good people that I'm sure can help.

There web site is http://www.lspbc.org

Good Luck

thanks Chico, keep me in mind when you start on your car. What kind of car do you have? I'm still debating if I should go with a Hot air or IC car. Reason being, all of the nice IC's are located North/Northeast area (reasonably price). Hard to go see the vehicles among having to go pick it up and drive it home.

NastyGN, I'll keep the website in mind just in case I may need it later on. I have browsed the website and noticed they mainly do car shows or picnics. I would be more interested if the club would hold tech sessions. This would be a good oppurunity to hear from other people what worked best for them. Maybe they do, I'll need to look into it, thanks.

Dannyo

I have browsed the website and noticed they mainly do car shows or picnics. I would be more interested if the club would hold tech sessions. This would be a good oppurunity to hear from other people what worked best for them. Maybe they do, I'll need to look into it, thanks.Dannyo

Don't take a book by is cover the club does have Tech sessions
and go to the track in groups, there are a number of people who can help you with almost anything and or get you almost anything your hart can desire. hehehe or your pocket book can afford :)

Most of there information is through e-mail so questions will get an answer very quickly

Again Good Luck

I live in Irving and work on mine all the time.Ive done everything so far ,from installing new parts to rebuilding the engine.I just got it back running and am having a few problems with the tune.Hopefully the extender chip and trans+ will help.I would be more than happy to help anyone learn about TRs as I am learning still myself.I have probably experienced every installation procedure there is(headers,exhaust,ETC.).And even though I am still fresh to the TR world I have learned alot.I still have lots to do as well and could use some help from time to time.E-mail me if you want to meet up sometime and see what I have done or if you could help me with this tuning problem on the new motor.The combo should be good for some low 11s possibly some high 10s(wishful).

NastyGN, I'll keep the website in mind just in case I may need it later on. I have browsed the website and noticed they mainly do car shows or picnics. I would be more interested if the club would hold tech sessions. This would be a good oppurunity to hear from other people what worked best for them. Maybe they do, I'll need to look into it, thanks.

Dannyo

"The Richardson Crew" maybe more into the carshow and social end of the deal, but the rest of us are into going faster. We don't have "tech sessions" but we have had "track sessions" at kennedale and ennis. Track sessions are usually only announced on our mailing list (the web site isn't run by the racers) so non members would really have no idea when we were "meeting at the track".

I think you will see a change in the LSPBC in coming months. Adi and elli have resigned their positions so the club will likely become more "do it yourself" tech oriented and less "take your car to X and have them bolt on Y" performance oriented. We have a lot of fast people in our club, from low budget stock appearing people like me to go for gold, 7's or bust people like Jay Carter/Scott Winsett and everything in between.

Thanks for the info UNGN. I guess I will be joining the club soon. I have much to learn. I plan on purchasing a TR very soon, maybe a Turbo T.

Hey sixgun86GN, let me know if you need a hand.

Dannyo

race minded? shhheeiiiot ... I am just trying to keep up with the common man =)

I think the LSPBC is going through some rough times but I am sure they will work it all out. They are having a hard time getting their hands around (wacth out neal :) what the directors and officers want to do and where the club members want the club to go. I didn't renew my membership to the club after the racing got dissed in favor of all the car shows... I wanted to go fast and that about sums it up --

I do know that Adi has more than a few really nice cars at his shop (and some are even for sale:) if you are serious about a ride I would roll in and check out his stuff, he is local and in that regard it may play to your interest if you are going to purchase outright.

as far as being in the "know" subscribe to the local list for a few weeks and see if that sparks an interest, be vocal and make a few post get introduced and let everyone know what you are looking for. If you a speed freak and have some scratch getting parts are the 'easy' in going fast... making it work is the hardest part. I know this guy that can help =)

Winsett
shifting gears like WJ...