You can type here any text you want

Anyone know about car AC systems?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Forum,
Took the day off to work on my wife’s 2011 Acura Rdx ac. The issue is sometimes it will blow cold then other times it will be hot air coming out. I started working to pull and replace the compressor and found one of the fans not connected electrically. It has two. Could that be a possibility that only one fan was not enough to blow over the condenser keeping it cold. I remember that it was at a stop when it happened so maybe the fans would stop and not blow air across it causing it to be hot?

not sure on our cars, but some newer cars the a/c compressor will not turn on without the fan running.

Usually on situations like this it is either low on refrigerant or you have a problem with your blend doors. Blend doors can be electrical, or vacuum operated. Not sure which an Accura uses. I would check refrigerant first.

If your car has an ambient sensor (won't display correct temp on dash) and it does not work the compressor will not turn on.

Back