You can type here any text you want

Anyone know about VIPER car alarms??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF27

Alarm worked fine when disconnected now I think it is posessed :mad: so much that the car tries to crank on its on!! alrm will start just going off an such. But now it just will not act right. I even tried putting it in valet mode an taking it outta the loop. No chance there either.. Thanks for any help ;)

Im no expert but just got around to tearing mine out and reinstalling from scratch, seems to have fixed my problem so far...had it at the shop and when I got the gn back to remote start and kept blowing fuses and the shop was no help just made me more angry
just take your time redoin and maybe taping the wires so there not all over the place

Alan

I have one of those junks in my car, The battery goes dead if i dont use the car for 4 or 5 days. It also freaks out sometimes and cranks by itself and heres the best one.
when my gn is in the driveway or garage, my other 2 cars cant be remote started or the keyless entry cant be used. it jams the signal to them.

I need to know which model viper alarm system you got and looks like you got one with a remote starter.

Directed (the makers of Viper) makes the best alarms systems out there. It's one of the most trouble free systems that I install. I would say 90% of the time it's the install that gives problems not he product.

possible brain damage. when reistalling alarm did you make sure you put the ground on first? if you put the positive on first, most likely the brain got fried. this is coming from a freind that has installed hundreds of viper alarms and is m.e.c.p certified. this is a common problem with them.

potbelly said:
possible brain damage. when reistalling alarm did you make sure you put the ground on first? if you put the positive on first, most likely the brain got fried. this is coming from a freind that has installed hundreds of viper alarms and is m.e.c.p certified. this is a common problem with them.

First time I heard of that problem :confused:

if you put the positive on first, most likely the brain got fried.
First time I heard of that problem

Me too, and i've been working with directed products for 12 years. It really sounds like the ground doesn't have a solid connection. I've seen systems before act like that when the ground is corroded at the battery or loose somewhere.

Adam

if you unhook the battery when installing the alarm you would definatly rule out the possibility of "frying it". I would take the aproach sugested above and remove it all, start from scratch and take your time. I always have solderd all my conections and used heat shrink. this helps prevent things from shaking loose.

Back