You can type here any text you want

Anyone know what chip it is?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kheslinga

I got this chip a few years ago, shortly after I bought the car. I had 42.5 # injectors put in (009s I think). Anyway all I know is that it was a "street chip" There is a white sticker on chip with writing that says "Street 93" (I assume 93 octane) "42.5# 20" I assume this is for the 42.5# injectors and the 20 has the degree symbol (meaning timing?)

Does anyone know what kind of chip this might be, or if I might want to try something else for better performance? I do get the slight stutter on throttle tip in occasionally. I also have low BL (105) at idle.

Ken

Kheslinga said:
I got this chip a few years ago, shortly after I bought the car. I had 42.5 # injectors put in (009s I think). Anyway all I know is that it was a "street chip" There is a white sticker on chip with writing that says "Street 93" (I assume 93 octane) "42.5# 20" I assume this is for the 42.5# injectors and the 20 has the degree symbol (meaning timing?)

Does anyone know what kind of chip this might be, or if I might want to try something else for better performance? I do get the slight stutter on throttle tip in occasionally. I also have low BL (105) at idle.

Ken

Ken,

Appears to be a chip I did......not sure why it would be reading 105 at Idle.
Program Injector Constant is pretty much right on.

You may be having an issue with a out of Cal. MAF Sensor, or 02 Sensor on the way out.

Check with a Scan tool what MAF reading is at Idle with car fully warmed up??
Also what Fuel Pressure are you set at??

BTW Verify Part # on Injectors...make sure they are 42.5# & post numbers marked on injectors...that could also be an issue.
Joe

Last time I noted it, the AF reading was 05 at idle. I've only had the Scanmaster since fall and just started paying attention and trying to learn from it this year. So I don't know if everything is how it is when I first had the work done.

The car does seem slower than it used to, but that could also be because I'm used to it. I had never taken it to the track when I thought it was faster so I don't have a good reference. FP was 45 vac off. When I turned it down, I seemed to be getting a little knock retard showing up.

Not sure about O2 sensors...the cc's seem to be going up, but I don't know how to read them correctly. I did however have a bad sensor in my truck replaced last week and it made a very noticeable difference. No codes are being thrown though.

Thanks for your input!
Ken

Kheslinga said:
Last time I noted it, the AF reading was 05 at idle. I've only had the Scanmaster since fall and just started paying attention and trying to learn from it this year. So I don't know if everything is how it is when I first had the work done.

The car does seem slower than it used to, but that could also be because I'm used to it. I had never taken it to the track when I thought it was faster so I don't have a good reference. FP was 45 vac off. When I turned it down, I seemed to be getting a little knock retard showing up.

Not sure about O2 sensors...the cc's seem to be going up, but I don't know how to read them correctly. I did however have a bad sensor in my truck replaced last week and it made a very noticeable difference. No codes are being thrown though.

Thanks for your input!
Ken

Fuel Pressure is also a little high...prefer 41# to 43# with Vacuum Line off.
Double Check MAF Reading at Idle.
Verify O2 Cross-counts.

Could also be possible leaking injector etc.

Did the Car ever Run a Lot better before, without the current issue??
If it did..something else has gone on the fritz to cause your problem.

Joe

Last time I tried turning the fuel pressure down I was getting some KR on the scanmaster. I've since replaced the fuel filter, so I"ll try again.

Cross Counts were cycling from 0 to 250 in about 30 seconds or so. So I *think* the O2 sensor is ok. I'll have to check the MAF reading again next time I'm out. At least I think I'm starting to learn more each time I try digging deeper!

How might I know if it's an injector issue?

It's hard to remember how much different the car used to run. I seem to remember the one to two upshift letting the tires loose a little more. But that was also with crappier tires. Now a chirp is about all I'll get. When I first start up and before the engine is completely warm, it seems to have more power too.

The more I browse the boards the more I (think) I'm learning. Sometimes it just seems like information overload though. But I appreciate the help.

if o2 is only 250 at idle thats to low should be around 750 .250 is toooo lean.replace 02 see what happens .

No....the O2 cross counts. Not the O2 readings. The O2 readings are generally 780 and up at WOT (using Scanmaster).

Back