You can type here any text you want

Anyone make an independent cd changer controller?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

olds443

I remember in the 90's some companys made a cd changer controller. The controller was small like a regular faceplate and could be mounted anywhere. Besides Custom Autosound does anyone else make anything similar? Looking to not cut the dash or glovebox in my 72 Monte Carlo.
Thanks for the help.

I actually have what you are looking for. It's a alpine. It has the dash board controller, flush mount and remote but no changer.

I don't believe that controller will work with the new changers. They are a different bus type.
John

6APPEAL said:
I don't believe that controller will work with the new changers. They are a different bus type.
John

Thanks for clairfying that. Older 8 pin m-bus changers are easy to find. :)

There are lots of cd-changers available like that. If you are looking for a controller to work on one that you already have, then that might be an issue. I have a JVC version in a LeSabre, and a generic/cheapo in my truck, and they both work great. It's much better than tearing a dash apart to put in a radio that doesn't fill the space correctly.
Here is a link for a JVC one, to get the idea: http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?productId=PRD3203000&pathId=56

Looking for a stand alone type unit, nothing that ties into anything existing or thru an RF modulator, those suck.

Was even interested in something like a hardrive type, I don't really listen to the radio anyway but haven't found much like that. Industry hasn't caught up with that yet it seems.

Someof the ones that work through a RF modulator also have RCA plugs, so that you can plug them right into the input of your stereo. I think that the JVC that I have is like that, but not the cheap one I have.

Back