Anyone running MT ET Streets on 16" GNX wheels?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I currently have the MT Drag Radials on the back (255/50/16) and they are OK but they don't hold up at the track past 5 psi. I was looking at the 28x11.5x16 or the 28x12.5x16 ET Streets. Anyone ever try these? I'm pretty sure I would need a spacer for the 12.5" tires, not sure about the 11.5".

welp i had the 11.5 et street and i kept breaking inner tubes and the tire kept coming off wheel! i was told to screw them down but i said no thanks and now use street tires and no boost!! this was done on GTA wheels also

Don, I ran the 28 x 12.50 x 16 ET streets on gta wheels. They were garbage in my opinion. Best 60ft ever with them was 1.59 but usually mid 1.60's. I switched to 28 x 10 hoosier slicks & average 1.50 on a good track now. I have been 1.48 a few times but I still have other issues with 60ft. You will probably need a 1/2" spacer or notch the frame. I notched my frame so I have some nice billet aluminum spacers if you are interested. I also have those crappy old ET streets for REAL cheap.:) But if you want to hook & must use those wheels I say the hoosiers are the way to go.

I currently have the MT Drag Radials on the back (255/50/16) and they are OK but they don't hold up at the track past 5 psi. I was looking at the 28x11.5x16 or the 28x12.5x16 ET Streets. Anyone ever try these? I'm pretty sure I would need a spacer for the 12.5" tires, not sure about the 11.5".

I ran 1.55-60' times w/ M & H's 275/55/16's on my Kirban GNX wheels = 28" Tall tire,great for keeping in Drive while going thru the Traps!
HTH
FRED

Be aware that with any non-radial tire on the street, the street handling of your car will suffer serioulsy.

I ran BFG drag radials for years and then tried M&Hs and MT ET street legal non-radial street "slicks" for extra traction. While I gained traction, the car handled much different, horribly IMO, and forget about driving in the rain.