anyone use accell coil pack??

speedfreakv6

speedfreakv6
just ordered new accell coil pack .having problems loosing spark at high rpms .anyone have good luck with them ???? please let me know .thanks guys

Friend of mine runs one and likes it ok. I'm going to be testing an ignitionsolutions CD box as soon as it gets to me and will relay results.

thanks guys just installed mine lovin it .car runs good with proper amount of spark .i did notice the accel was twice as heavy as a/c delco .. more windings !!! had good spark till 5500 rs then let out .felt strong .not bad for the money

i purchased it from my local parts store was $113. i will get the part number and post it .just make sure they find the MAGNAVOX style for 86-87 g.ns because they ordered me a coil for distributor car first .then they got it right .i have been having problems with car cutting out at high rpms thought it was fuel pump wasnt .put new accel coil pack and problem gone .alot of spark .no cut out and can definatly feel diff .great buy .

got that part number for you it is accel # 140016 sugg retail is $ 209.00 .let me know i can get them and sell them for about $ 150.00 . w/shipping see i run a ford garage so part stores give me good deals on parts .can get most anything for these cars cheap. i know i only paid $ 113.00 gotta make some money some how :biggrin: like i said it made a big diff .like i said it is twice as heavy as stock plus has copper terminals .rated at 45 thousand volts .nice unit .

Is this the correct coil pack? If it is, this is a good price.

The link doesn't work directly to the pack, but I just saw it at the Summit site for $85+ shipping

Marc

that is the part # on the box .summit is cheap i would call them and make sure that is the price for the magnavox one. because like i said they ordred me the wrong part fist and that was $ 85.00 but was wrong .call local parts store and have them run the # .if can get from summit for $85.00 jump all over it ,thats better than my price .

make sure part # is 140016 .i orederd coil for $85.00 and it was a coil for carb cars w/distributor .i had to reorder the magnavox style p/n #140016 and i paid $113 list price is $209.00 just make sure it is right one if so that is a hell of a deal .mine is working great going to 10th annual g,m event in stanton michingan saturday see what she runs .