You can type here any text you want

Anyone Use the TA billet timing chain on their stage 2?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOT FAST

I just picked up a ta steel billet double roller timing chain anyone else use one of these? good luck, bad luck? how strong?

part number TA 1523A

I've used and still do use them. The last one in my car was mismarked. The dot on the cam gear was off by 1 tooth exactly. lesson to be learned to always degree in the cam. I have also split the lower gear in half, probaly due to engine misfiring when the cam sensor ring cam loose. Gear split, cam jumped time, and bent 6 custom length stage II titanium exhaust valves trying to start the car. Not the gears fault, but mismarking the gear bothers me. Not to mention spending days degreeing the cam over and over because I could not believe it was the 12 degrees or so off.
Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas
9.05@150

I've been to that party also, but I thought the cam card was wrong or cam misground, never occurred to me that it was the timing chain mark <grin> ( rollmaster also )

For even more fun, set up an aftermarket cam with an unmarked timing set ( gear drive in my daughters Nova ) Now that was fun !!

Back