You can type here any text you want

anyone with CODE Alarm on their car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

litz

Anyone have a CODE Alarm alarm on their car? I have the panther model on my GN, came with the car. Have no idea how change the settings and can't seem to get a owners manual. Currently the alarm is set to auto arm after 1 minute or so, doe not matter if door is open or trunk or anything, it sets itself, real pain when working on the car. The only way to prevent it from auto arming is to put it in valet mode, which I figured out, using the momentary switch under the dash. I want to set it to manual set, so that it can sit unlocked, no alarm while I work on it. any input is appreciated.

When it auto arms, it does not lock the doors only sets the alarm to go off if the door is opened or the car disturbed.

How old is the alarm? The older ones have dip switches inside the main module.
doe not matter if door is open or trunk or anything, it sets itself, real pain when working on the car.
Sounds to me like someone did not hook up the door trigger (small yellow wire on the Code module). This wire needs to go to the white wire on the under dash light.

When it auto arms, it does not lock the doors only sets the alarm to go off if the door is opened or the car disturbed.
That is also a dip switch setting - which I never liked to be honest. What if you away from home, forget your keys in the car, accidently close the door and walk away. You are now f**ked.

I would definetly look at that small yellow wire. If it is hooked up to the white under dash wire it should have +12v wth the door closed (pin switch) and 0v with the door open.

I am not sure how old it is, it came with the car. I will look at your suggestions and let you know if they work.

It is a model Panther, and the doors do not lock when it sets, it just sets the alarm to trigger if the car is disturbed, door, trunk hood, etc. The doors remain unlocked when it auto sets, they only lock when the key fob is pressed to arm it.

Thanks for the ideas, right now I am chasing down a low oil pressure problem that developed yesterday, sove this one first then the alarm.

Thanks.

Back