You can type here any text you want

Anyone with drop spindles and LS1 brake upgrade?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboclam

Driver's side wheel rubs. When I hit a bump in the road the outside of the tire meets the inside of the wheel well. The passenger side seems to have more clearance with no rubbing. I am aware that the brake upgrade does push the wheels out a little. I have 4 front GTA GNX wheels with 245 50 16s. I changed the tires to a 225 55 16 but it still rubs. Do I need to change the bump stops or something like that. I had a alignment and the tech set everything up correctly. Don't know. I really don't want to go to any smaller tires. A 40 series tire would lower the car too much I think and roughen the ride up. Thanks Michael Clendmik@aol.com

i don't have drop spindles but do have coilovers and they are adjusted very low. I also have the ls1 brakes. My 17x8s with 4" BS rub pretty good on good dips and bumps. I am probably gonna end up going with a 17x7 with 4" BS and hope that takes care of it. Im not sure what you can do with the GTAs, but maybe find a set of rear GTAs that have too much BS and run an adapter up front to get them perfect but still more tucked in than the front GTAs.

Back