Appraisal for a loan?????

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Lots of interest in my car. Everyone having trouble getting a loan. Just got word from a potential buyer said the credit union needs an "appraisal on a letter head". Since the car is so old it does not show up on there loan value chart. Anyone run in to this problem? Would hate to find a local appraiser and they give some ridiculously low number cause it's an ordinary "monte carlo SS :) "

Yes, that is becoming the norm because they are older and not "worth it" to them unless the car is appraised for a good value. When I bought my white T from a buddy I had to do the same thing. I used Pinnacle Auto Appraisers, which was $225. They did it all via emailed pics and a description of the car. They were very generous!

That would be awesome but the number has been disconnected.

My credit union used the NADA retail value and said I could take a $20k loan against the car, much more than I had just paid for the car. It's funny if you look up the NADA value for an 87 GN, you get a value deduct for a 6 cyl engine.

My credit union also used the NADA value. She was actually surprised when the numbers came back. The only thing they needed was a picture of the car in question, in order to verify condition.

HTH

-John

Thanks. Found a local used car lot "lone star" that will do it for $100. Most other places are CONUS companies and have local appraisers. But they charge about 3-4 hundred bucks.

Thanks. Found a local used car lot "lone star" that will do it for $100. Most other places are CONUS companies and have local appraisers. But they charge about 3-4 hundred bucks.
Lone Star has a very shady reputation. Hopefully for your purposes it should be ok. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

What about the appraiser guy that Kirban's uses-- Terry Shaw? Maybe you could do something over email with a well-reputed resource? Of course, the fee may be high(er). I drive through the Lone Star lot twice per day to get to my wife's work... what day you headed down there? I want to go check out the Viper RT/10 I spied through his fence!