You can type here any text you want

Are C-5 Corvettes Supposed To Be Fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Include the guys from the NORTH EAST and that % will drop to %50 :) We are hard core racers up here :)

I GUESS THE MORAL TO THE STORY IS........IF YOU SPEND REALLY A LOT OF MONEY, YOU MIGHT GO FASTER. :p

I forgot to add this is all on pump gas <93-94 octane> year round :)

All you GN guys spend money on that expensive race gas so it balances out LOL!! In the long run we all spend the same amount:D

Red regal would you like to race my vette ?:)

When I said " All you GN guys spend money on that expensive race gas so it balances out LOL!! In the long run we all spend the same amount" ..........I should know I have a GN also :)

As your topics says "Are C-5 Corvettes Supposed To Be Fast?"

Would you like to see my tail lights?

i actually love any fast car, either my fast limited, or my buddies C5 vette, viper, or porsche-

if its fast it kicks a$$-

if true- gn-c5-racer2 that your car runs mid 11's on pump gas with no stroke, just heads and cam, i totally respect that-

that is a very fast C5 vette even though not everyone respect them here-

any of my turbo v6 cars couldnt do that on 93 octane-

wish you the best luck with the car, email me with all your updates and goals with the LS1 -

-------
choosing a GTS VIPER or a C5 VETTE in the future
thanks
bryan wanner wanner@kc.rr.com

Thanks ;) To this date Cartek has the fastest n/a heads cam cars out there and the fastest stroker . These ls1's just get faster and faster.

FYI....

gn-c5-racer2, all of us GN guys don't spend money on race gas cause some of us have an alcohol injection kit (SMC Enterprises sells a kit for about $350) like me.... there have been guys in the 10's with 93 octane pump gas and alky and if you have ported heads/intake with all the other normal bolt-ons (bigger turbo, exhaust, DP, bigger injectors, etc.) it is pretty damn easy to run 11's on pump with no alky and some have run 11's on pump gas without alky with bolt-on cars (some can run more than 15lbs of boost especially if they have a Front Mount IC) so don't make yourself sound ignorant!!! BTW, there is a GN that I know of that ran 10.80's @123mph w/ 18-20lbs of boost without alky injection on 94 octane pump gas so 10's are also possible w/ ported heads/intake with a big cam, 66 or bigger turbo, and a FM intercooler....
HTH:)

86 BRICK-

WHY is he ignorant when his car can run mid 11's on pumpgas and have a pretty much stock car with tires and heads, and cam?

do NOT disrespect a car just cause it faster than your car,

yeah ,i know a guy with a 4 banger that can hand us ALL OUR A$$es, so dont jump everyone who is faster--- you will get BITTEN sometime-

dont think straight forward, open your mind and watch the new movie SIGNS- with mel gibson-

come back here and start all over--- i just watched it, and glad im open minded

peace, yes ive owned many buicks, still got 4 turbo buicks

gn-c5-racer2, are you sure Cartek has the fastest N/A stroker LS1 cause I'm pretty sure S. Sanders has the fastest with his MTI 422ci ls1 Z28 that ran 9.82 @137mph in N/A form. I know ARE has a 3500lb '99 Trans Am that ran 9.51 @143mph, but if I'm not mistaken LPE has the fastest LS1 (the twin turbo Vette that was in a couple of mags that ran a 9.24 @150+mph)..... No doubt there are some fast LS1s, but tell me when they have one that has run in the 6's @ over 200mph like Duttweiler did with his twin turbo Stage II Buick V6 in the tube frame Olds body car;) :D

Quick6, he WAS ignorant (he no longer is cause I gave him the facts) when he said "All you GN guys spend money on that expensive race gas" cause NOT all of us spend money on race gas especially now that we have the alcohol injection kits available like the one I got from SMC.

i guess if you gave him the facts then YOU DA MAN, right?

guess we got to wait what he runs on the bottle and see what it runs and holds up as well-

if it's fast it kicks a$$

Im talking about n/a < no power adders> corvettes c5's not z28's. Cartek has a 415 ci c5 6 speed running 10.70 @ 130 in the hot summer. GOod for low tens in the fall. THis car also has a 300 shot of juice that will be tested very soon :)

As far as fastest z28??? stay tuned a few more weeks :)

I heard a while back that MTI had the fastest n/a stroker ls1 Vette as well cause I'm pretty sure that guy S.W. ran 10.50's or 10.40's with his 6spd Z07 422ci C5 Vette and this was done in n/a form and then with a 125 shot of juice the car ran 9.74 @147mph..... I could be wrong about him running the 10.50's or 10.40's n/a, but I know for a fact he ran 9.74 @147mph with a 125 shot. I'm sure ARE will have some fast stroker ls1s coming out cause they have one stroker package for the ls1 that is a 442ci motor:eek: If I had the $$$ and wanted a fast ls1 I think I'd get a Z28 and take it to Rob Raymer of LS1 Motorsports www.ls1motorsports.com and I'd want a Z28 like he is building now..... 404ci ARE motor, single PT-88 turbo, FAST system, TH400, etc. cause his Z28 is full weight and when it's done I'm sure he'll be running low 9's or faster!!!:D :cool:

I bet if you spend $100K you can go faster than somebody who "ONLY" spent $50K. Even with my sophisticated, $150 diy alchohol injection, I wouldn't know..........My car only cost $1400. ;)

hmmm???? balances out???

Let's see here.... I paid $5,000 for my car.... add another few grand in mods.... and I got about 40 grand left for race gas.... at @ $7/ gallon for the good stuff I can buy 5,714 gallons of fuel... say I use 4 gallons a day...that's 1,428 days of fun.... with some left over...you are right..in the longgggggg run..lol.. j/k with ya man. All cars are expensive to race regularly.

Your correct SW once held the title until my friend with a smaller cubic inch stroker 415 beat SW's <na> record that was 10.80's.My friend beat this record in the summer scorching heat. This car will run 10.30's once its cooler out. Sw ran a best of 9.9's @ 145 mph and that was with 200 shot of NOS. Bigger cubes isnt always the answer :) Carteks little 415 in the c5 is faster then all the other c5's out there that have 422's...427's ...434's. The fun part is that this car is street driven .

Back