You can type here any text you want

Are C-5 Corvettes Supposed To Be Fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yeah I think most of us will agree that bigger cubes isn't always the answer:D

Well, to answer the original question, yes, C5's are supposed to be (and are) fast. And yes, I do believe it really depends on the driver, mods, etc. (mostly the driver)
I go to the Corvette Homecoming every year. And every year, there are fast C5's, and slow C5's. Put the driver of the fast C5 in the slow C5, and you get a much faster C5. Period.
They run everything from low-mid 13's in a stock 6 speed car (with a good driver), all the way up to mid 14's in a stock Automatic car. Kinda reminds me of 1989 when some '86-87 turbo Buicks ran 15's and others ran low 13's and high 12's.

My '97 automatic C5 ran 13.7 @ 107 stock. (When's the last time you saw a turbo Buick run 107 stock?) It went 13.2 @ 108 with tires and an airbox. 12.5's @ 111 with a converter, gears and exhaust. And 11.8 @ 116 with mildly ported heads, cam, and headers on plain radials.

One of my '87 T's runs 11.8 @ 114 with typical bolt-ons. The other is getting a Stage 2 4.1 slid into it as we speak.

I'm not your typical C5 owner. I rarely get on my car, but if somebody rolls up and and wants to flex on me, I'm ready.

I love both cars for different reasons. But from experience, I can definitely say Vettes are fast.

Back