Are the bumpers painted the same as body

oddiesGN

My 87 GN is going in next month to get painted and I'm not for sure if the bumpers are the same color of black. Right now my car is dull and so are the bumpers, but the bumpers do look to be a little less glossy kind of like the window trim. Just need to know if the bumpers are the same as the body and if different what is the paint code if there is one. Also what other painted parts are different then the body color like window trim, grille and head light bezels. Thanks.

Bumpers are the same gloss black. The misc trim parts are a semi or satin black.

I currently have a chrome bumper on my GN, what would be easier to paint, my current chrome bumper or should I buy a used black one from someone on the fourm?

I currently have a chrome bumper on my GN, what would be easier to paint, my current chrome bumper or should I buy a used black one from someone on the fourm?

Buy a black one. If the chrome is nice on the one you have, it can be sold just as easily.

Also, painting chrome sucks, as it will chip very easily because it is a very hard surface underneath the paint. I mean you still can do it but it's better not to.

Suppose to be same as body, I painted my bumpers satin, the same as the trim. I just wanted to try it to see what it looked like, thinking I could re paint them if I didn't like the looks. I liked the way it turned out so I left them that way. You may not though.

My 87 GN is going in next month to get painted and I'm not for sure if the bumpers are the same color of black. Right now my car is dull and so are the bumpers, but the bumpers do look to be a little less glossy kind of like the window trim. Just need to know if the bumpers are the same as the body and if different what is the paint code if there is one. Also what other painted parts are different then the body color like window trim, grille and head light bezels. Thanks.

Get the bumpers powder coated shiny black. Will hold up better to rock chips and not expensive to do. Just remove the impact piece and bumperettes. You can also get the metal trim around the turn signals in the front bumper done. I forgot to bring mine to the powder coater. Wish I had. Maybe also do the wheel well trim. You can also remove the rear tail light bezels and deck lid molding and paint them satin.
What about the door handles are those satin or gloss

You can still buy new door handles. That is what I did. Also, Eagle One makes a new black trim gel that brings back the color on the front lower air dams. There is a rebate form in Hot Rod magazine for up to $6 back. Oreilly's sells it 2 for $7 on sale right now. Or just buy new air dams, I believe they are still available.

Get the bumpers powder coated shiny black. Will hold up better to rock chips and not expensive to do. Just remove the impact piece and bumperettes. You can also get the metal trim around the turn signals in the front bumper done. I forgot to bring mine to the powder coater. Wish I had. Maybe also do the wheel well trim. You can also remove the rear tail light bezels and deck lid molding and paint them satin.

You can still buy new door handles. That is what I did. Also, Eagle One makes a new black trim gel that brings back the color on the front lower air dams. There is a rebate form in Hot Rod magazine for up to $6 back. Oreilly's sells it 2 for $7 on sale right now. Or just buy new air dams, I believe they are still available.

I work at a place that powder coats so I could get it done free, but doesn't it need to have the uv protection in the paint? Do you know what type of paint that they used? Does the paint match the body or can you tell the bumpers are different?

I work at a place that powder coats so I could get it done free, but doesn't it need to have the uv protection in the paint? Do you know what type of paint that they used? Does the paint match the body or can you tell the bumpers are different?

You ask some good questions, and the only one I can answer is the last one-I think the bumpers blend in real well with the body. Here is their website, give them a call. Stripmasters Services
They did my bumpers like 2 months ago so they should remember me. Black bumpers for a Grand National, for a guy in Champaign, IL. There is also a fellow on the board named Ron Martin who does powdercoating. Here is his email: rmartin0500@frontiernet.net
He can answer your questions.