You can type here any text you want

Arhhhhhh.......Need help........

• Thread starter Thread starter 91cam447
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

91cam447

What is the correct way to wire the nitrous control on the FAST unit to engage when the transbrake has been released. Anyone have a wiring diagram?? Thank you.

PM me with a fax number. I'll send it to you. Easier than you think...

Use a 5 pin bosch relay. The normally closed terms go to the NOS, the closed on avtivate (t-brake button) will open the circuit

That what you wanna do?

Turbojim,

Once he's back off the nitrous, won't his transbrake activate again? Could make for an interesting ride back to the pits...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Originally posted by bobc455
Turbojim,

Once he's back off the nitrous, won't his transbrake activate again? Could make for an interesting ride back to the pits...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

No..heres the logic....

5 pin bosch relay. 2 to the coil, one feed, 2 switched. The "at rest" feed is connected to his NOS arm. The switched feed is connected to nothing. The relay is merely tapped into his t-brake trigger.

On burnout/pass/shutdown, the relay is enabling NOS. NOS will be activated by normal means. Linkage switch, pushbutton on steering wheel whatever. With the t-brake applied, the NOS enable is off. And the linkage switch or steering wheel switch is not completeing a circuit.

If I sent it right via command line, a quickie wiring diagram should be at:

http://www.turbojim.com:231/jim/NOS_schematic.jpg

I think this is what chyke was gonna do...but if he has a different idea, lets hear it :)

Thanks for the replies

Here is the thing though, there is no microswitch or button for the nitrous. The tps controls the activation. This is what's messing me up.

Ok, well, substitute the TPS for the battery feed to the relay. in other words, the contacts in the relay that close, will connect the TPS signal wire. So the wire in my schematic that goes from the battery to the relay, substitute the TPS for the battery, and instead of the switches listed for NOS arm and NOS activate, send THAT wire to the NOS control box that activates the system.

Point of all this is, you want to open the circuit and NOT arm/activate the NOS with the t-brake on, and the relay is the easiest way I can think of for opening that circuit.

Like:
http://www.turbojim.com:231/jim/TPS_NOS.jpg

I think I got it........

Any reason why this wouldn't work???

vwp

Hope I did this right.

If I understand the diagram correctly, engaging the transbrake interrupts the +12V signal to the FAST ECU that arms the nitrous, right? Perfect!

I would have mentioned this to you had I seen this post earlier. Glad you got it figured out.

Correct....

I called and talked to Lance. He talked so quick, I had to sit down and think about it for awhile. I was able to come up with this out of what he said. Thanks everyone for the help.

Back